PDA

View Full Version : what do you want in an affiliate program?

=^..^=
09-23-2002, 05:15 AM
What makes you want to sign up to promote someone's site?

and what do you prefer per sign up or recurring?

tell me your thoughts !

Cheers :D

Tafkap
09-23-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by =^..^=
What makes you want to sign up to promote someone's site?

and what do you prefer per sign up or recurring?

tell me your thoughts !

Cheers :D

Great thread Kitty!

Let's see replies now...

=^..^=
09-23-2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Tafkap

Great thread Kitty!

Let's see replies now...

well OF COURSE it's a great thread

so what's your answer tafkap? LMAO :D

Tafkap
09-23-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by =^..^=

well OF COURSE it's a great thread

so what's your answer tafkap? LMAO :D

hehehe, as i run an affiliate and persignup program, i do wait for some thoughts now... and my answer would be : "why the whole bunch of affiliate and persignup sponsors r not like Eurodialer and Fastmanbucks' ones?? they're so great!!!!" :D

:bonk:

Brad Mitchell
09-23-2002, 10:55 AM
I think having anal sex with the program webmistress always makes for a nice perk.:bonk:

Tafkap
09-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by SinEmpire
I think having anal sex with the program webmistress always makes for a nice perk.:bonk:

Unfortunately, i'm just a boy...

re:bonk:

LadyDesigner
09-23-2002, 11:19 AM
I was just thinking about affiliate programs when this post came up.

What I look for in an affiliate program is:

1) Ease of finding linking codes and ad materials (sounds simple but I'm always amazed at the hoops some programs make you jump through to find what you're looking for).

2) Attractive tours that don't load 101 pop ups on enter/exit.

3) Fast loading stats pages (just dumped a new program after waiting 5+ minutes for a page to load).

4) An arsenal of fresh sites to promote. I try not to go with programs that only offer one or two sites out of a matter of convenience. Oh, I also like it when new ad material is added regularly.

As for per sign up or recurring, I used to go solely with per sign up to make the "Big" bucks fast but am now experimenting with recurring for the long term gain.

m@rk
09-23-2002, 11:41 AM
1: They pay on time every time, good reputation.

2: Good content to promote the site, free gallery templates.

3: Content on the free tour, not much, maybe a couple of movie clips.

4: Stats page you can understand, showing 14 day period at a time, also where the hits are coming from, be it a gallery or from main pages.

5: If you have questions, then a reply comes within 48 hours.

6: The sponor knows how to keep members.

I prefer recurring sponors, I promote Karupspc.com and I have had some members now for over a year, I know that the fast bucks is with the one time payments, but once you have promoted the sponor and got 30+ members then the money keeps coming every month.

baddog
09-23-2002, 11:50 AM
to get paid what you have coming, without having to do backflips

Brad Mitchell
09-23-2002, 02:12 PM
Ok now that I had my comedy here would be a real list of items..

1) Personal marketing support - I should be able to speak live with an employee and get feedback on my sites and manner in which I'm promoting their program.

2) Aren't we all tired of big affiliate programs that have two sets of rules... one for small webmasters, one for large... Spam is BIG bucks but I know not every program allows their affiliates to do it although most do.

3) Good marketing tools. Creative text, banner ads, full page ads, half page ads, table ads, exit consoles, free content.

4) Don't abuse our traffic, at least give them an opportunity to purchase. I can't tell you how many times I've sent traffic and they're doing a pop-up OVER the current page when the surfer navigates through the tour. It's okay to pop-up shit but let's do it after the guy tries to leave or not buy.

5) Pay on-time, every time and don't bounce checks.

6) Give us multiple tours - or if it's a rev share program let us decide if we want a trial subscription offered when we send the traffic.

7) I would never use it but I bet lots of newbies would appreciate free hosting for their ads promoting your program.

Cheers,

Brad

JConway
09-23-2002, 02:30 PM
Conversions, conversions, conversions(usually a good indication of shaving/non-shaving).

RMS
09-24-2002, 09:27 PM
more pregnant strap on sex lesbian pics.

say for example... FB and Kitty...

Bruno Dickman
09-24-2002, 11:26 PM
Great thread indeed! :)

Basically, the 3 most important factors considering reccuring programs is:

1) conversion - ok, thats the basic. 1:600 or lower or goodbye :)

2) retention - thats another very important thing, some people only care about conversions and then they end up making $1.95 per signup.

3) cost to get a signup - if the sponsor program offers free content, or sponsor hosted galleries or bannerless freehosting, that means the promoter spends less to make a signup, and thats good stuff!

The rest is additional stuff :)

What do you people think? This is a very interesting thread, post your comments and opinions!

Take care,

Bruno