PDA

View Full Version : ICQ runtime.exe errors HELP!

Evil Chris
04-16-2003, 11:16 AM
OK this is driving me NUTS.
My ICQ shuts itself down every 10 minutes with a "runtime.exe" error.

Does *ANYONE* know how to fix this? I'm about ready to start using the Lite Version of ICQ or even Trillian if I have to. But I would prefer a fix to this situation.

:badcomp:

modF
04-16-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

Does *ANYONE* know how to fix this? I'm about ready to start using the Lite Version of ICQ or even Trillian if I have to. But I would prefer a fix to this situation.

Could be just about anything, have you tried to update to the latest version?

Nano
04-16-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

I had problems with ICQ so I migrated to Trillian.

Ronaldo
04-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Ouch! I had this happen a couple of months ago Chris. I hope you don't cherish your icq history like I do.

The only way we could find to save most of it, was to save all of the logs in a temp file. Uninstall and remove icq and reinstall a NEW downloaded version.

Even at that, I lost about 2 weeks worth of history. :mad:

Evil Chris
04-16-2003, 11:51 AM
I have a feeling that ICQ has suddenly decided to conflict with something else on my computer that uses open sockets. I'm going to test a couple things first, but thanks Ron, I will back up my history right now (it's several hundred megs).

Mister X
04-16-2003, 12:24 PM
I had problems with mine the last couple of days. It seemed that it would crash every second time it got started. But whatever was bothering it seems to have quit after I did a reinstall. I've got my fingers crossed!

Evil Chris
04-16-2003, 04:26 PM
Looks like the database rebuilder did the trick.
However, I can't connect to the ICQ network at all now. :mad:

... considering Trillian!

Ronaldo
04-16-2003, 04:28 PM
I had trillian installed and didn't like the look of it, so off it came.

But yeah, icq has become pretty flaky lately.

twinkley
04-16-2003, 04:34 PM
First off, trillian pro ROCKS - I would def. look into it Chris.

I had this problem with ICQ running XP - I had to completely re-install XP to get it to work ..... fuckin sucky - even now, with the newest version installed, ICQ fucks up - wont save history at all

Use trillian, save yourself some headache :)

twinkley

Evil Chris
04-16-2003, 04:52 PM
I don't get it though! It's not like I just installed XP or ICQ Pro... I have been using the two of them together for almost a year with no problems at all and now this crap. Trillian Pro huh? Might be the way to go...

Evil Chris
04-17-2003, 11:10 AM
Well my ICQ is now running like a well oiled dragster. Finally.
My contact list was consistently at or near it's limit of 600, and the history files were huge.
Couple that with two or three different versions and upgrades, and it became a mess.

Just for future knowledge, I had to back-up my history in a seperate location, completely uninstall and remove ICQ, and then re-install. No history, but it's very fast again.

Ronaldo
04-17-2003, 11:31 AM
You should be able to import your history BACK into icq now Chris.

Mister X
04-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Mine was good and now it's started crashing on startup again. Definitely starting to piss me off. And I don't have a mega huge contact list or history.