PDA

View Full Version : Any Rush fans out there?

LAJ
09-23-2002, 11:06 AM
And I mean the band not the drug ::-|

Going to see them tonight, and I'm digging furiously through my closet to find a pair of skin tight jeans, white high tops, and mullet wig. I'm stoked! Never seen 'em live...

One of the best stadium rock bands to come out of Canada, eh?

My inaugural Xnations post!

Evil Chris
09-23-2002, 11:08 AM
LAJ! Your 1st xnations post and it's about the legendary rock band RUSH!
Dude you are one cool mofo... :cool:

I'm sure that Rush will rock the house... Is it a small venue?

LAJ
09-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Evil Chris!

heheheheh... huge venue actually.

Sold out Staples Center, downtown LA.

baddog
09-23-2002, 11:56 AM
yes, the plan was to get as many Rush fans together in one place as possible, so we could exterminate them all at once and rid the world of them once and for all.

It is amazing the exports that Canada is proud of. Sure Alan Thicke and Alex Trebek are fine, but Moosehead and Rush? Sorry, I could do just fine without either. :eek:

dantheman
09-23-2002, 12:19 PM
Rush is very cool, I saw them back in the day:) neil peart was my idle on the drums and can still bang the fuck out them.

have fun:)

Aly
09-23-2002, 01:06 PM
Getty Lee is a remarkable musician and looks fabulous in tight pants

(or so I've been told) ... :)

...but not half as fabulous as LAJ does.

LAJ
09-23-2002, 01:20 PM
Hehehehehehehe... aw shucks Aly:D

BobbyR
09-23-2002, 01:31 PM
Rush...top 5 best concerts. It's been years but they are unbelievable.

LAJ...I'm quite jealous.

Cathedra
09-23-2002, 01:57 PM
Jay! love the avatar!! You look like you belong at a Rush concert with that hair!!:)

Evil Chris
09-23-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Cathedra
Jay! love the avatar!! You look like you belong at a Rush concert with that hair!!:)

Yes indeed... J you look a bit like Geddy yourself there..... ::-|

Brad Mitchell
09-23-2002, 02:13 PM
Humm... when I clicked in I thought you meant Rush Limbaugh. Ehh, you Canadians probably don't know who he is anyways... :o

Brad

LAJ
09-23-2002, 02:18 PM
LOL... you guys like? That was Jay in 1992.

Btw, now that I'm on my Canadian kick again... what was the name of that tv show that was about the Jr. High school kids and the lead character wore that stupid hat? Degrassi high or something? That was the shit!!!

Evil Chris
09-23-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by SinEmpire
Humm... when I clicked in I thought you meant Rush Limbaugh. Ehh, you Canadians probably don't know who he is anyways... :o

Brad

Brad... I know who Rush is... LOL
anyway dude, you're practically Canadian yourself. I'll make you an honourary Canadian if you like.... :)

barryf
09-24-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by LAJ
LOL... you guys like? That was Jay in 1992.

Btw, now that I'm on my Canadian kick again... what was the name of that tv show that was about the Jr. High school kids and the lead character wore that stupid hat? Degrassi high or something? That was the shit!!!

Hi Jay!
How was the show??? I tried to picture you there in the high tops and mullet. Scary. I am from Rush's hometown so I am legally required to be a fan.
Also you have my vote for honourary Canadian.
BTW Welcome to X-Nations!

B

P.S. It was Degrassi Jr. High then Degrassi High. The lead character with the stupid hat was Joey Jeremiah of course. Now they are making Degrassi The Next Generation or something :bonk:

LAJ
09-24-2002, 02:34 AM
Excellent Barry! And thanks for clarifying Degrassi for me... I was wondering what context the "bonk" smiley guy would fit in as well LOL...

And I accept being an honorary Canadian :) Any other Canadians care to 2nd that for me? Chris? Cathedra?

Anyway... I'm back from watching Rush for nearly three hours and all I've got to say is HOLY SHIT!!! For three guys approaching 50, they rocked the fucking house!!! They all looked as fresh going in as they did going out. Highlights of the night? Spirit of Radio, Limelight, and Neal Peart's 15 min. drum solo.

Alrighty then... back to my usual diet of punk rock...

Aly
09-24-2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by LAJ

And I accept being an honorary Canadian :) Any other Canadians care to 2nd that for me? Chris? Cathedra?

SECONDED!

:bonk:

LAJ
09-24-2002, 03:08 AM
Ahhh.... Damn, I keep forgetting that you qualify too Aly!

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

tejano B
09-24-2002, 08:25 AM
I saw Rush on their Grace under Pressure Tour... circa 1985... I'm wondering if the show'll be that different:p

teddyz
10-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Take off A. Rush does rule the great white north! Don't be a hose-er