PDA

View Full Version : Copyright violation

Nano
04-23-2003, 11:35 AM
This is a question for all content producers here.
How do you protect your images from copyright violation? Any watermark system?

Thanks in advance.

Mister X
04-23-2003, 11:53 AM
So far we haven't don anything in that area. But we are contemplating it.

webgurl
04-23-2003, 06:39 PM
I have another question about CopyRights,
What about the music u use for video feeds / Movies and also the background of content like if there was a, Coke Pop Can in the background .

:confused:

PaulSweet
04-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Nano
This is a question for all content producers here.
How do you protect your images from copyright violation? Any watermark system?

Thanks in advance.

We send copies of all of our content on DVD and CD to the copyright office and have them registered. Generally speaking (which means it might be different in your area) you have 3 months from the time you shot it to copyright the material.

At the end of the day we can recognize 99% of our content (and there is a lot of content) and we do prosecute.

PaulSweet
04-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by webgurl
I have another question about CopyRights,
What about the music u use for video feeds / Movies and also the background of content like if there was a, Coke Pop Can in the background .

:confused:

If you use non-free use music (commerical music) you don't have a license for, then you are putting yourself at risks. You have to license music from either the artist or the label they are signed too (whoever holds the rights to the music).

I'm not a lawyer but I can't see you getting in trouble for having a coke pop can in the background. It would be the same as you getting in trouble for wearing clothes that are recognizable by brandname. The only way you would get into trouble is if you were obviously doing it for commercial benefit. If you called your movie Coca Cola Girls and drank coke and had cans in the background of your shoot, then you would be asking for trouble. If its in the background there is no intent to profit off of someone elses work.