PDA

View Full Version : Asp.Net Machine?

luke
04-29-2003, 03:10 PM
I just reinstalled XP on my machine and did all the windows updates. Now I have a new User Account called Asp.Net Machine A... and when I boot up, I now have to click my user account to log into XP instead of just coming right up to the desktop.

Anyone know if I cna just delete this account and won't mess anything up or another way around so when I reboot, it will come right back to the desktop and not a user screen?

Mister X
04-29-2003, 10:42 PM
I guess you installed the .net framework update. I hadn't noticed that it created a user account until you mentioned it and then I looked. But my machine is on a network so I'm used to the login screen now.

You might want to wait for confirmation from a more expert source but afaik you can go into the control panel and open up the users applet and delete that account. I don't think it's necessary to have it if you aren't programming or something. Once you only have one user account again it should go back to just opening the desktop. If you have any doubts about deleting that user account then you can probably go to windows update and uninstall the .net framework update. If it's uninstallable. The only reason I have it is because I just got a program that needs it. Most likely you don't or you would have installed it before now.

luke
04-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks. I'll dig around a little more. Im getting used to it now though.