PDA

View Full Version : Imagine: New Virginia Spam Law - Post Conviction

Tucker
05-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Ok let me see if I got this one right:

Imagine its an an Evening in Cell Block G in Oz

Big guy walks up to little guy in Cellblock G and says, "yo man I am in this mother f-cker for murder...I am in for life...what the f-ck is your story biatch?"

Little guy says, "um well sir I am in for propogating large quantities of what was deemed to be unsolicited commercial e-mail."

My question is what happens to you after the confused look on his face is gone...wait dont answer that.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/intern...m.ap/index.html

I stand firm that we should have anti-spam laws but two things need to happen in my mind to make this viable:

1) Define SPAM. I believe that spoofed headers and no remove with text or html clearly advertising a service or good is spam.

2) Legislation must come from the Federal level and not the state level. Under the current federal snail mail laws, you can list yourself on the do not send list. States have not made such lists making it virtually impossible to determine what is what over an open source platform such as the Internet. This state law is nothing more than vigilanty law with politically correct justice.

I am not condoning spam...I am opposed to wild west tactics to a white collar issue where the perpetrators are actually the ISP's themselves.

Ok hit it.

Evil Chris
05-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Tucker that CNN article is 404... can you find it for us?

Tucker
05-02-2003, 05:58 PM
With pleasure mon frair...sorry about that:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/04/30/fighting.spam.ap/index.html

Yo Adrian
05-02-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Tucker

Little guy says, "um well sir I am in for propogating large quantities of what was deemed to be unsolicited commercial e-mail."

LMAO that's funny as hell :)

Ounique
05-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Okay, I've either been at work for too long today or I need a vacation. I swear when I first read the the title of this post it said "Imagine: New Vigina Spam Law". I don't even want to think about the jokes that could come out of that.:bonk: