PDA

View Full Version : To HeadBang or Not to HeadBang......

taboo_gal
05-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Ok, guys, in the midst of my work day, on good ole internet radio, I am listening to my fav 80s and early 90s metal bands...Ratt, Jackyl, Alice Cooper (yeah, he's kinda b4 this era, I know).....

Tell me who you guys love from this time.....even if its cheesy! Anyone remember Nelson? :)

Easton
05-08-2003, 06:10 PM
in english please? LOL

long live Eminem! :D

taboo_gal
05-08-2003, 07:14 PM
LOL! :bonk:

Digipimp
05-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Awww yeah I got backstage at a Nelson concert, now who's the real pimp around here? Say my name!!! Say it!!! I have to admit I pretty much hate that music and hate rock and roll and headbanging and all that shit. I only went because I was a kid and it was free from a friends parent. I'm all about that rap music, the stuff you don't want your kids to listen to, the stuff when the guy rides by in the car next door with the bass pumpin so loud your car is shaking and you reach over and lock your door. I'm into that shit!

taboo_gal
05-08-2003, 08:21 PM
I like that too. :) 'Tis all good when your system cann rattle the windows of the houses you pass. :)

StuartD
05-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Skid Row, Poison, Cinderella, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Ted Nugent, Metallica, Anthrax, White Snake, Mr Big...

you name it... I listened to all that stuff.

taboo_gal
05-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by StuartD
Skid Row, Poison, Cinderella, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Ted Nugent, Metallica, Anthrax, White Snake, Mr Big...

Hell yeah! A fellow banger. :)

Mister X
05-08-2003, 11:39 PM
2 words... Van Halen! :xthumbs:

Dwreck
05-09-2003, 03:26 AM
I have a secert love for that Stuff!

YOUTH GONE WILD!! that's me

An old Skid Row song!

Shann
05-09-2003, 04:52 AM
LOL I remember Nelson! lol

How bout Warrant and Danger Danger LOL Saw them in concert, holy hair spray going on at that concert! I had big ole rocker hair i did!

Dokken, Scorpions, Van Halen, Cinderella, Skid Row (before your time Derek come on!) and my all time fav, GnR! yea baby! :)

Anyone remember Kingdom Come? I had the record, they had one great song, and the singer was so hot....... Any help on that one will be appreciated! LOL

Nano
05-09-2003, 06:44 AM
I have to confess that when I used to play rock I bought cds of Mr. Big, Whitesnake, Extreme, Steve Vai (still like him), Satriani, Blues Saraceno, etc.

Now I listen almost only classical music ::-|

AdultLegal-Jim
05-09-2003, 09:23 AM
I was with a band who opened up for warrant in Bourne, MA

we pee'd on their bus

I liked Ratt but wasn't into the hair bands too much, I listened to a lot of U2, The Alarm, REM, The Smiths

But I went to see all the 80's bands in concert when they come back around

Skid Row, Ratt, Cinderella and a couple more I can't remember their names.

Almost went to see Great White in RI, still thanking my lucky stars I didn't go to that one

Feynman
05-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Rachmaninoff, Prokofiev, John Barry (James Bond, Out of Africa, etc.), Deep Purple, ELO, tango music, Brubeck, Bronski Beat, Brassens, Paolo Conti, Harry Connick Jr., Jean Leloup, Indochine, Orbison, Santana, the Stones, Véronique Sanson, Yoko Kanno, Emir Kusturica, Liane Foly.

Mefo
05-09-2003, 10:53 AM
I really do not like that kind of music just give me some rap and I'm happy :)

Danny_C
05-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Uhh... none of the above, except maybe Judas Priest (old stuff).

How about... Slayer, Sepultura, Biohazard, Suicidal Tendencies...

Notice my list is more environmentally friendly - no aerosol hairspray.

Nano
05-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Feynman
Rachmaninoff, Prokofiev, John Barry (James Bond, Out of Africa, etc.), Deep Purple, ELO, tango music, Brubeck, Bronski Beat, Brassens, Paolo Conti, Harry Connick Jr., Jean Leloup, Indochine, Orbison, Santana, the Stones, Véronique Sanson, Yoko Kanno, Emir Kusturica, Liane Foly.

First time I see Rachmaninof and Deel Purple in the same sentence.
BTW, we have same taste of music.

Bigsampy
05-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Slayer
Pantera
Early..EARLY Metallica
Judas Priest
Ac Dc

Metal Rules!:bonk:

Shann
05-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Danny_C

LOL good one, no hair spray!

I used to love Suicidal Tendancies, have the cassette somewhere, but have no tape player. :) I was into hair and metal bands, I'm a girl, how could i not love a guy with tight leather pants on! hehe

Old Metallica Ruled, Master of Puppets kicks ass. Still blare it in the Jeep (that i dont' drive but still lol)

Evil Chris
05-09-2003, 02:58 PM
I still like "It doesn't really matter" by Platinum Blonde. :D

Shann
05-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I still like "It doesn't really matter" by Platinum Blonde. :D

ROFL I lined up for 6 hours to get their autographs when i was 13! I saw them about 4 times in concert, once about 2 years ago! The lead singer is a DJ on "mod night" at a local club, I've been to see him a couple times. :)

Still have the autographed cassette! lol

wonderboy
05-11-2003, 01:39 AM
AC/DC, TWISTED SISTER, METALLICA!!!

Bigsampy
05-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Oh, and lets not forget The Plasmatics!

taboo_gal
05-11-2003, 09:23 PM
This thread is actually becoming educational....(could be showing my age) LOL

Who is Platinum Blonde and The Plasmatics???? :cool:

Mister X
05-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by taboo_gal
This thread is actually becoming educational....(could be showing my age) LOL

Who is Platinum Blonde and The Plasmatics???? :cool: Hmmm... really dunno how big Platinum Blonde was in the US but they were huge in Canada. The Plasmatics were a punk band fronted by Wendy O. Williams (not ice the WOW initials, lol). They were famous for a while but I think they were more of a Sex Pistols type of phenomenon. More famous because of their notoriety than because of their hit records. In fact I'm not even sure if they had any hits.

fish
05-12-2003, 03:34 AM
guns n roses, metallica, smashing pumpkins.:D

taboo_gal
05-12-2003, 07:50 AM

NUGENT!!! Hell yeah! w(>_<)w

dyonisus
05-12-2003, 12:32 PM

I could edit the list somewhat, Ratt was my fav, did the Bon Jovi thing, GNR, Slik Toxic, Warrant, and that about sets me up.

I keep beggin my friend to pull out the leather fringed jacket!!!

Shann
05-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by dyonisus
I could edit the list somewhat, Ratt was my fav, did the Bon Jovi thing, GNR, Slik Toxic, Warrant, and that about sets me up.

I keep beggin my friend to pull out the leather fringed jacket!!!

LOL Forgot about Slik Toxic! Wonder where they are now......... lol

Kris
05-12-2003, 06:21 PM
ahhh, some old poison was just on.. from look what the cat dragged in. i found that tape buried in a drawer about a year ago. good times. (i wasn't really into the eighties - turned 10 in '88 :) )

Shann
05-12-2003, 06:37 PM
the late 80's to early 90's is a huge blur for me ROFL

Cyndalie
05-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Danny_C

Chaos AD baby! Institutionalized! Nice :) Iron Maiden, Voivod, L7 LOL

I was a Faith No More, Bad Religion, NOFX punk in drubic front of the pit Rancid Sonic Youth bass playing on the stage for all my friends, having fun, music was my world

Man I miss the days! Thank god for this new stereo! Work at home!! woohoo!! Music!!! :) Every flavor, I love it all

Shann
05-12-2003, 07:05 PM
I know the singer from Bad Religion, met him recently (fucking funny story)......... VoiVod, they kicked ass with that Pink Floyd cover.

Anyone see MTV icons Metallica? It was on here during the weekend, with their history and other bands covering their songs, weird to hear Avril Levine sing....... I"ve never heard a female singer cover Metallica, except me when i'm drunk! LOL

ANYONE remember Kingdom Come?! I am dying to remember what their big hit was.........

Kenny B
05-12-2003, 07:31 PM

Good call on those bands bro! Motley crue is still the shit if you ask me. I was just listing to the ultimate opening band, who remebers Tesla, also white lion were a 2 hit wonder!

taboo_gal
05-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Kenny B
I was just listing to the ultimate opening band, who remebers Tesla, also white lion were a 2 hit wonder!

Tesla is an extremely talented group of musicians. I saw them live last year on the Rock Never Stops Tour with Jackyl, (the new) Skid Row and Vince Neil (sans the rest of the Crue, but they did all Crue stuff anyway). The second song they did was War Pigs. That guy has some lungs. Not one bad note! AWESOME!

Kenny B
05-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Tesla is an extremely talented group of musicians. I saw them live last year on the Rock Never Stops Tour with Jackyl, (the new) Skid Row and Vince Neil (sans the rest of the Crue, but they did all Crue stuff anyway). The second song they did was War Pigs. That guy has some lungs. Not one bad note! AWESOME!

That must have been a wild show! A few friends of mine saw Tesla at the fairgrounds in Phoenix, I would have gone down just to see them again (ok and for a few days in Phoenix:-) I don't think they'll be coming to Montreal any time soon! Oh remember Quiet Riot & LA Guns also had a few great songs.

Ozzy is coming to town this summer I can't wait for that.

taboo_gal
05-12-2003, 10:43 PM
Ya'll help me out...what the hell did LA Guns do!?!?! I'm having a brain cramp and can't think of a single song.

Quiet Riot is easy...cum on feel the noise, metal health, etc... Saw them twice..You gotta love Kevin Dubrow's fake hair!! :D

Kenny B
05-12-2003, 11:11 PM
LA Guns had a few good songs Ballad of Jane, Elecrtic Gypsy & never enough , I believe the name of their album that made it anywhere on the charts was Cocked and Loaded

taboo_gal
05-13-2003, 09:59 AM
Thank you, KennyB...Ballad of Jane is the one I was lookin for. :)

BobbyR
05-13-2003, 02:07 PM
My first concert ever was Metallica on the Kill em all tour. Anthrax and Raven opened. I've been a headbanger ever since.

Kenny B
05-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BobbyR
My first concert ever was Metallica on the Kill em all tour. Anthrax and Raven opened. I've been a headbanger ever since.

Metallica put's on an ausome show! I saw them in 87 i think with Guns 'n Roses opening... then when G'nR got big they came back to montreal and Axl walked off stage a riot erupted in the stadium and it was destroyed, it was wild!

taboo_gal
05-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Axl is such a prima donna! :p

I would have loved to see them in concert (Metallica & GNR) then. But, my mom wasn't about to let her underage daughter attend such an event. :bonk:

I envy those who did. :)

Kenny B
05-13-2003, 05:49 PM
Axl is such a prima donna! :p

I would have loved to see them in concert (Metallica & GNR) then. But, my mom wasn't about to let her underage daughter attend such an event. :bonk:

I envy those who did. :)

I guess I should be thankful my parents were neglectful and tlet their 13 year old son attend a rock concert. Although I’m sure I lied about where I was going:-)

Hey woo hoo my 100’th post!!!

taboo_gal
05-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Kenny B
Hey woo hoo my 100’th post!!!

CONGRATS, man! :worthy: