PDA

View Full Version : Goalie for Canucks ......

webgurl
05-09-2003, 09:07 PM
http://www.foogie.com/cloutier.jpg

*sigh* soooo Sad :(

swoop
05-09-2003, 09:10 PM
OUCH, with you there. My team the Flyers are out. We need someone that can put the puck in the net when it counts, during the playoffs.

The Philadelphia sports curse lives on.

Pidgin
05-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Boring game - only thing interesting is when they start fighting - probably out of bordom ;)

webgurl - I love your board. Its cute. (its yours right? or you just whore it like noone else? ;))

webgurl
05-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by XXXManager
Boring game - only thing interesting is when they start fighting - probably out of bordom ;)

webgurl - I love your board. Its cute. (its yours right? or you just whore it like noone else? ;))

Thanks very much i don't own that domain but yah i do run and am the moderator . U need anything like advertisement ? Hit me Up
I am glad u like it as slow as it is . HHhahahaha .

wonderboy
05-10-2003, 01:36 AM
I only put 10% of the blame on Cloutier. Canucks has never had solid defense (or offense for that matter). For the past 15 years, they've been nothing but streaky. It's so sad but true. I'm surprised there were no riots last night!

Magnus3x
05-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Exactly.. why blame the Cloutier.. sure he gets a lil rattled but fuck sakes... defense people defense!!! Bertuzzi could score a little more!!.. guy gets too much credit.

Evil Chris
05-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Magnus3x
Exactly.. why blame the Cloutier.. sure he gets a lil rattled but fuck sakes... defense people defense!!! Bertuzzi could score a little more!!.. guy gets too much credit. Yup, my thoughts precisely. I wouldn't blame Cloutier any more than I would blame Belfour for that series.

The superstars didn't bring their game.

hershie
05-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Prediction: No way in hell will Cloutier be with the Canucks at the start of next season.

wonderboy
05-11-2003, 01:36 AM
cloutier is more than likely out. The whold Canuck admin wants him out, so even if Crawford is on his side, there's not chance for him.

I agree about Bertuzzi, but he at least played rough games, whereas Naslund didn't do jack sh*t!

McAttack
05-11-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by hershie
Prediction: No way in hell will Cloutier be with the Canucks at the start of next season.
I doubt that actually. I don't know of any good #1 goalies that will be moving this year.

But for people saying it wasn't Cloutier's fault, he let in 16 goals in 3 games. That's over 5 per game as an average. If the offence expected to score 6 goals a game to win? Every Stanley cup winner has had one thing in particular, a stellar goalie. The goalie is everything when it comes to the playoffs because if the opposing team plays a great defence and shuts down your best players, he can still steal the game.

Best example was Montreal's last cup in 93. That team should never have even made the finals, but Patrick Roy stole 11 overtime games with incredible saves.

wonderboy
05-11-2003, 03:17 PM
I still have it on video tape, Roy played awesome.

That is so true, the goalie has to be good when it counts, not when his team is down 7-2.

Since Crawford is so nervous about playing young guys regularly, maybe it's time to bring up a decent goalie from the minors if none are available in the NHL.

Platinum Caroline
05-12-2003, 10:40 AM
It's a shame it's always the same sad story with the Canucks and the Leafs! They do well during the regular season and then they crash during the playoffs.
It looked to me as though the Canucks didn't want it as badly as the Wilds, Lemair's team had more heart I think but that's just my opinion.

McAttack
05-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Platinum Caroline
It's a shame it's always the same sad story with the Canucks and the Leafs! They do well during the regular season and then they crash during the playoffs.
It looked to me as though the Canucks didn't want it as badly as the Wilds, Lemair's team had more heart I think but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, and Lemaire's Wild have another great advantage. No pressure. They go out and give it all they have, with no fear of losing. There's no expectations of that team. They can stay loose.