PDA

View Full Version : Flashdance

Platinum Caroline
05-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Am I the only one who hasn't seen Flashdance and Dirty Dancing? I get scolded everytime I say that!:bonk:

Evil Chris
05-14-2003, 04:06 PM
If you watch them now, they're more like comedies than what they were originally meant to be! :D

Platinum Caroline
05-14-2003, 04:18 PM
they were supposed to be really cool movies right? I tried watching Dirty Dancing but kept on getting distracted by the white color of my wall

McAttack
05-14-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Platinum Caroline
they were supposed to be really cool movies right? I tried watching Dirty Dancing but kept on getting distracted by the white color of my wall

::-| The white wall in your apartment distracts you? Man! But seriously for those movies, you gotta get the ladies' perspective on it. Don't knowa straight guy that likes watching those movies.

But talk to me about Ferrie Bueller's Day Off, NOW you're talking!

twinkley
05-14-2003, 04:47 PM
hahaha too funny! I have never seen FlashDance.... but Dirty Dancing...

I remember when Dirty Dancing first came out on video. Me and my best firend pooled all our money (we were like .. 8) and bought the video.

Well, needless to say we LOVED the movie... I mean true love here..... We watched that thing at LEAST once daily, usually two or three times .... until....heartbreak..... the video wore out!! ahahahaha We watched it sooo much we wore out the actual tape in the video ... it just wouldnt play anymore .....

I dont think I have ever loved a movie more since....

twinkley

McAttack
05-14-2003, 05:15 PM
What did you enjoy, the dancing, or what's his face's pants?

Mister X
05-14-2003, 11:55 PM
I don't think I ever actually watched dirty dancing all the way through. For that matter I wasn't a big fan of flashdance either. But I think I might have watched it all the way through. Dirty dancing was a definite chick flick. Flashdance was a movie with a ridiculous story and unbelievable characters. A girl working as a welder? Ok I can believe that. But then she has to work in a sleazy club to pay for dance lessons or some such crap? I KNOW how much welders make and she wouldn't have needed a second job to pay for dance lessons.

The most memorable thing about Flashdance was the years of parodies on different comedy programs that it inspired.

Mefo
05-15-2003, 04:46 AM
I tried to watch it ones but it but I stopped after 15 minutes :)

Nano
05-15-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Platinum Caroline
Am I the only one who hasn't seen Flashdance and Dirty Dancing? I get scolded everytime I say that!:bonk:

You don't know how lucky are you...

Evil Chris
05-15-2003, 05:15 PM
I actually saw Dirty Dancing at the movies when it came out. :o

I was on a date ok??? (and I got laid too) hehehehe