View Full Version : I am about to make a MAJOR TRAFFIC PURCHASE

RocketTGP
05-21-2003, 07:27 AM
Is there anything i should worry about?

Never bought traffic before.

Thanks

12clicks
05-21-2003, 08:51 AM
yeah, only deal with reputable people. If someone is significantly cheaper than everyone else, there's a reason for it.

gunner
05-21-2003, 12:40 PM
most importantly, before you pour all that traffic into your site, make sure you have a good live feed provider. Check my sig :D

machoman
05-21-2003, 12:47 PM
i had a bad experience once on that, i had this tracking system built ont he main pages of my site... with the traffic comming in, my SQL server went down, called up my hosting provider.. good thing they were around to put it back again.

just for your info. :D

Evil Chris
05-21-2003, 12:54 PM
What do you consider "major"?

I buy traffic on a daily basis. Some days I take a loss, but I figure that into my ROI equation.

modF
05-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by gunner
most importantly, before you pour all that traffic into your site, make sure you have a good live feed provider. Check my sig :D

Well done :)

Drop me an icq, I'd like to talk a fwe things over w/ you

gunner
05-21-2003, 06:20 PM
check your icq, i added ya

RocketTGP
05-21-2003, 07:20 PM
I have it set up with a 100k test at first with an imediat halt so i can review the results then if it went well and i don't feel screwed, then i can open up the rest od the hits.

I don't know if that covers my ass but since i am new to buying traffic, It was the first thing to come to mind.

The reason i am buying traffic is becasue i am converting clicks to hits @ 50% and clicks to sign ups @ 1/9 with my existing traffic.

I figure That if i convert @ .001% i will make a killing of this promotion.

Does that sound like i have my head in the clouds by expecting at least .001% sign ups

Lemme know

Also if you have traffic for sale please post your rates for 500,000 - 1,000,000 hits

I am buying all the traffic i can get. :bonk:

quotealex
05-21-2003, 09:47 PM
What kind of traffic you'll be purchasing?
Just make sure you have a solid script that does geo, prod and proxies tracking.

RocketTGP
05-22-2003, 04:53 AM
I can have it done but why would i need that?

quotealex
05-22-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by RocketTGP
I can have it done but why would i need that?

You'd be supprised how much cheating is going on in the traffic brokerage business. I presume you don't want a large percentage of your traffic from non-english speaking countries, you want the traffic to click your site(s) link and you want the clicks to be generated by real humans and not a bot! Hence all those trackings are needed and more (i.e. cost per click, hits per hour/day, ref log, ip log, links log, etc.)