PDA

View Full Version : 100!!! and requesting help

baddog
09-27-2002, 06:30 PM
To celebrate my 100th post, I am going to ask for some assistance on behalf of my daughter.

This is a question for those of you that use Macs and pcs.

My daughter is taking a class that is set up with Mac IBooks, and she has a pc with Windows ME.

She uses Microsoft Word to write her papers, and must be able to load them into a Mac IBook when she is in class.

Are there going to be any compatibility issues? She has a rewriteable cd burner, although she is not sure if the Mac does or not.

So, can she create .doc files on her ME box and load them onto the Mac, and then work on them with the Mac and be able to load it back onto the ME pc? Are floppy disks interchangeable these days (they did not used to be back in the day)? Do IBooks usually have CDRW, if so, are they compatible with the pc format?

Anyone know? Thank you in advance.

Evil Chris
09-27-2002, 06:51 PM
eeek... anyone in da house know about Macs? I sure don't....

I would probably copy and save the document as a text file and import it that way... But again, I know nothin about Macs! :bonk:

luke
09-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Wish I could help but I don't think I've touched a mac in like 5-6 years now.

Congrats on the 100th post!

baddog
09-28-2002, 01:57 AM
I have discovered this should not be an issue. Thanks anyway.

Evil Chris
09-28-2002, 09:07 AM
The only Mac I ever used was one of those tiny ones that people were carrying around in what looked like a little overnight bag.
Does anyone remember the model I'm talking about? It was really easy to use, and was mainly used for word processing.
But I can't remember the name of the thing...