PDA

View Full Version : speakers are here... thanx ARS!!

StuartD
06-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Remember when twinkley was giving away those speakers on Pillow Talk?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/speakers/speakers/5d7b

Well, after a couple of screw ups by FedEx, they finally arrived!

I have them all over the place here in the office. The sub woofer is HUGE! Much bigger than I expected. And if you know Klipsch at all, you know that a speaker of theirs tends to sound like a speaker at 3 times the size. the sound and quality of these things are nuts.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to plug them in yet, but I really can't wait!! I just wanted to say thanx to twinkley and ARS.

My only regret is that unless I move to a very remote location, I will probably never get to use these puppies to their full potential without fear of being evicted.:bonk:

twinkley
06-16-2003, 04:51 PM
hahahaha thats great Stuart!!

You will have to let us know how they sound ... dont get evicted tho hahaha

twinkley

StuartD
06-16-2003, 05:01 PM
most definitely will do twinkley... uhm.. on the informing part, not on the eviction part ;)

I'm so in love with these things already, just check this out... I just took a pic of the remote.... the controller part... it's nuts!

luke
06-16-2003, 05:31 PM
That's the remote for it? Why does it have plugs in it?

StuartD
06-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by luke
That's the remote for it? Why does it have plugs in it?

dunno, that's just where they put them.... kinda strange to me, but at the same time.... well, it leaves more room for the sub in the box.

The sub weighs in at 39 pounds... and is all muscle. It's just nuts!

Here's a pic I just snapped of it.

twinkley
06-16-2003, 06:43 PM
OMG!!! Those are crazy!!

Dammit, I want some!!!

hehehehe

Hope you enjoy them Stuart!

twinkley

Purple Haze
06-16-2003, 10:44 PM
I think Stuart's entire computer is a collection of him winning prizes! If we all could be so lucky. :worthy:

Purple Haze

luke
06-17-2003, 11:58 AM
That's pretty sweet man. I never win stuff like that. :(

StuartD
06-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Purple Haze
I think Stuart's entire computer is a collection of him winning prizes! If we all could be so lucky. :worthy:

Purple Haze

and the x-box, and dvd player and mp3 player and digital camera and half my dvd collection....

uhmm... yeah.

Ya know, I never needed home insurance before... but.... now I gotta start shopping around.

My apartment is starting to fill up quickly!

Here's my speakers with the monitor I won here, and the mousepad I won elsewhere :D

luke
06-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Man that looks sweet. I bet it sounds really nice.

SKULL
06-19-2003, 01:02 AM
ARS rocks when it comes o rewards I got me a cordless phone with answering machine, x box and a gameboy advanced.. =) gonna get me an electric guitar soon.. I'm a feww points away:D