PDA

View Full Version : Lennox Lewis vs. Vitali Klitschko

Kenny B
06-21-2003, 11:12 PM
What a fight, the best boxing match I've seen in years! It's good to see 2 real boxers in the ring that can fight like mad! Jesus did anyone see the gash on top of Klitschko's eye!!! This guy really deserved the win, he out boxed Lewis in every round and if the referee didn't stop the fight he would have taken the title!

Ronaldo
06-22-2003, 04:59 AM
Haha, roflmao. Klitschko did put up a good fight. That I'll give you.

A couple of things to point out however.

Lewis was leaning on the ref in the FIRST ROUND. He was either ill prepared for this fight or he was drunk. Simply stated, he was not prepared.

I said at the start of this fight that this could be another Rahman fight, given that Lewis hasn't fought in a year and could be ripe for the picking. Lewis however hit him with an uppercut in the 6th round that clearly showed that Klitschko was overmatched and ready to go down for the count. Bloody eye or not.

Lewis had 2 WEEKS to prepare for a strategy against this guy.

If you were watching the exchange at he end of the fight, Klitschko was asking for a rematch and Lewis must have agreed because Klitschko mouthed the words "promise" two or three times.

It will be a big money fight. One that Lewis didn't have on the table prior to this one.

Lewis will be prepared, just like the Rahman rematch, and he'll destroy Klitschko.

DragonKing
06-22-2003, 05:00 AM
Lewis went up in weight and you could see he had a hard time carrying it..
it was a great fight tho..
Klitschko is a friggin monsta!!

:bonk:

Funbrunette
06-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Kenny B
What a fight, the best boxing match I've seen in years! It's good to see 2 real boxers in the ring that can fight like mad! Jesus did anyone see the gash on top of Klitschko's eye!!! This guy really deserved the win, he out boxed Lewis in every round and if the referee didn't stop the fight he would have taken the title!

Hey!! Do I know you? Heheheheh! :angel: How you been babe?

Tafkap
06-23-2003, 06:42 AM
It's not the best Lewis Fight i've seen...

Lewis was quite slow (due to his overweight) and KlitschkO was boxing with always the same style, no suprises for Lewis.

But if u had a look at KlirschkO's face, Lewis deserved the win!!!

Heard they would do a re-match... Let's get ready to rumble!!!

:bonk:

Evil Chris
06-23-2003, 10:15 AM
I missed that fight, but from the sounds of things it was a good one.
Lennox Lewis is one of the best technical fighters I have ever seen.

Danny_C
06-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I missed that fight, but from the sounds of things it was a good one.
Lennox Lewis is one of the best technical fighters I have ever seen.

I hope you mean for a heavyweight...

I think Klitchko would have definitely won if not for the eye, but I also agree that Lewis will be more prepared for a rematch. We'll see what happens...

Who else is looking forward to a Lewis/Jones matchup?

Ronaldo
06-23-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Danny_C
Who else is looking forward to a Lewis/Jones matchup?

C'mon Danny. You truly can't believe that this would be anything more than a money grab with Lennox pummelling on poor Jones.

Jones is without a doubt, the best pound-for-pound fighter today (maybe EVER), but all Lewis would have to do is hit him once.

I saw the Jones-Ruiz fight and Jones clearly won, but Ruiz is nowhere near the talent that Lewis is.

I'd be more interested in seeing a Jones-Tyson fight. Jones would at least have a chance in that one.

It doesn't matter anyways. Jones is too smart to step into the ring with Lewis. Either him or his handlers would never let it happen.