PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

Funbrunette
06-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to go on holidays with a 2 month old baby? :sunshine:

McAttack
06-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
Does anyone know of a good place to go on holidays with a 2 month old baby? :sunshine:

Anywhere that's no behind me on a 6 hours flight! :bonk: Kidding! hehe, well maybe a coastal drive might be in order. Makes it easy if you need to change him, it's relaxing anyways. It's almost useless to go anywhere where there's "action" cause you'll have to miss a lot of it, and the kid will never remember being there anyways.

Cyndalie
06-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Quiet coastline with a big umbrella and a couple floatie rafts (can't forget the big ass cooler!). Not sure what is near you guys, but a hotel room efficiency on the beach or lake where you can park your car and stay for 72 hours, bring what you need and not be without anything :)

undermyspell
06-23-2003, 09:48 PM
After having 3 kids and numerous horrible family vacations I have come to the firm conclusion that anywhere on vacation with a child is horrible. If I want a vacation the kids stay with their dad while I go somewhere. If I want to take them to do something I usually take them to a local amusement park or the zoo or somewhere else. I have emphatically informed all of them that all "family" vacations are suspended until they are old enough to not argue and fight the entire time. I guess that means I won't ever have a family vacation again.

Magnus3x
06-24-2003, 01:16 AM
A cottage on a lake would be nice..:cool: a wicked rental north of MTL

Feynman
06-25-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Magnus3x
A cottage on a lake would be nice..:cool: a wicked rental north of MTL

He he_. And don't forget the 45 gallons drum of DEET to keep the no-see-ums, black flies, mosquitoes, horse flies and deer flies away.

This interesting menagerie apparently came as standard equipment this past week-end up north. And tons of them.

They wouldn't send standard twin-engine mosquitoes, no siree! They had to send the big four engine-equipped mosquitoes, making more noise than a souped-up B24 Liberator.

Fiew !

Shann
06-25-2003, 02:06 AM
A cottage on a lake would be perfect. That way you can make sure there is lots of shade and make your own schedule and not have to deal with obnoxious tourists OR a drastic plane ride. Babies first vacation! :D

TondaB
06-25-2003, 01:56 PM
When I was growing up we would go camping for our family vacations:) It sure was a lot of fun!

wolfman
06-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Yup!

I nice cottage up north near a lake is the best, make sure it’s near a golf course where daddy has a place he can golf with his buddies!!! (oops wrong vacation!)

Just kidding around, seriously nice place up north for the little family to relax and everyone can enjoy the time off from work!

;)

mailman
06-26-2003, 03:28 AM
grandmas..... then run.. run like hell!