PDA

View Full Version : Needing some strong advise please

monaro
06-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Dear All,

I am needing some very strong advise please to stop other webmasters
posting galleries to webmasters boards where its strongly points out that what is happening by the type of webmaster board it is.

spamfreexxx . com/Webmaster/posts/03-06-26/12748.shtml

Please if any advise would be great for me because when I see this sort of thing happening I feel that the content companies are not getting their full credit when it comes to honest webmsters who buy the rights for the content and when there is other lame webmasters out there going behind the back of the true adult webmaster to take something that is not theirs....

If everyone treats this business fair then it would be a happier place to work.

Thank you for your time and the few minutes to read my request.

Kind Regards

Mark

aspwm
06-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Woo hoo! I pay homage to Monaro. This is so very true and it hurts us both, the content provider and the true webmasters.

monaro
06-29-2003, 03:33 PM
bump...

like htaccess code only blocks ip's can it block domains?

wsjb78
06-29-2003, 03:57 PM
I think it can block also domains however I never tried it...

AcidMaX
06-30-2003, 08:15 AM
I guess I don't completely understand the question.

There are many ways you can block, redirect or hide links so that it fits your needs. May just mean using a programmer to code some thing for you.

There are plenty of methods to prevent hotlinking and such of content built into apache, everything else could be done with PHP pr mod_perl.

Andy

monaro
06-30-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by AcidMaX
I guess I don't completely understand the question.

There are many ways you can block, redirect or hide links so that it fits your needs. May just mean using a programmer to code some thing for you.

There are plenty of methods to prevent hotlinking and such of content built into apache, everything else could be done with PHP pr mod_perl.

Andy

Hi,

I do not want to redirect, i just do not want that sort of traffic comming into my site.

as for the blocking of domains, i think there is only one way i know would be to place html into the line next to jpg and gif, for antihotlinking, tho i need to workout how to allow the small number of sites to be able to access this page as it was a submitted gallery.

I will do my homework.

Thank you all who have replied.