PDA

View Full Version : Detroit get the Dominator Back!!

Magnus3x
07-08-2003, 01:21 PM
Wooo hoo!! Later Daze Cujo

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam030708/nhl_det-cp.html

StuartD
07-08-2003, 01:58 PM
House payments were starting to catch up to him already eh?

that is definitely good news for them... could you imagine though if they actually did trade Cujo to the Avs? They'd have a super star team.

Kris
07-09-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by StuartD
House payments were starting to catch up to him already eh?

that is definitely good news for them... could you imagine though if they actually did trade Cujo to the Avs? They'd have a super star team.

the avs would have a super star team? cujo sucks. fuck detroit. i'm still pissed the stars let hatcher go, especially to detriot! hatcher, you won't look good in red :(

Evil Chris
07-09-2003, 02:39 PM
I'm hearing rumours that the Rangers will pick up Cujo's "no trade" contract.

It doesn't matter anyway guys... there will be an NHL strike this coming season. So we're all screwed. :mad:

Ronaldo
07-09-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

It doesn't matter anyway guys... there will be an NHL strike this coming season. So we're all screwed. :mad:
Just what I've been waiting for.

One of the major sports to financially implode.

I think they will finish next season Chris, but I expect a full year lost after that. Probably not more than that.

Honestly, I think that this is a good thing.

You've got 2 bankrupt teams and about 8 more on the financial bubble. I predict that in 10 years the NHL will probably lose 6 teams and you'll have 2-3 more relocating. Relocating to cities that WANT hockey and know what icing is.

As for the negotiating heads, Bob Goodenow stated that the NHLPA would NEVER allow a salary cap. Fair enough Bob. Your members are gonna lose a couple of hundred jobs in the next couple of years. Good job.

Again, a good thing. Rid the game of the hackers that can't skate and maybe we'll get rid of the trap and other things the no talent teams need to win. Maybe Goodenow will realize that the NHL does not have the TV contracts that the other sports do. Nor the corporate sponsorship.

Then we have Gary Bettman. The most self-serving, condescending fucks I've ever listened to. Maybe he'll realize that people aren't happy with game the way it is now. When the league has to start winning back its fans ala MLB, then maybe he'll lose the redline and open the game up.

Anyone here watch international hockey? 10 times more exciting than the NHL. Every player can skate and pass and there's room for them to do so.

So in closing, while I'll miss our national passtime next year, I'll be looking forward to the game being much better when play resumes. And maybe seeing Goodenow and Bettman lose their jobs along the way? That would make it all worthwhile too.

Kris
07-09-2003, 03:32 PM

this will suck... lets do a fantasy league for the season

Tkt2Pardse
07-10-2003, 04:36 AM
I love the Red Wings. I grew up in Detroit. Living in West Virginia now. Most here think hockey is the lump in your throat that you spit for distance and made of tobacco juice. Prolly Stevie Y's last year so I hope there is no strike. But I think if there is one it will turn out to be a good thing in the long run. I've noticed that it seems that the Red Wings aren't like the other major Detroit sport teams tho. With the other big 3 for instance most fans are only fans because they are from Detroit. With The Wings it seems like they are more like the Yankees, Love 'em or hate 'em. Which btw, I hate the Yankees. Anyway, nice to talk to fans of hockey, feels good to yap, now get back to work. lol

Evil Chris
07-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Kris
this will suck... lets do a fantasy league for the season
I think it's a must, Kris... I love hockey pools. :D
Originally posted by Ronaldo
Just what I've been waiting for.

One of the major sports to financially implode.

I think they will finish next season Chris, but I expect a full year lost after that. Probably not more than that.

Honestly, I think that this is a good thing.

....<snip>....

So in closing, while I'll miss our national passtime next year, I'll be looking forward to the game being much better when play resumes. And maybe seeing Goodenow and Bettman lose their jobs along the way? That would make it all worthwhile too.
;) Ron... we touched a nerve here did we? LOL

Ronaldo
07-10-2003, 02:49 PM
;) Ron... we touched a nerve here did we? LOL
Haha, just a little.

I remember when Keith Tkachuk played his first game after holding on the Jets a few years ago and the less than warm reception he got from the fans.

This guy signed a front loaded contract (1st year-6 million dollars, 2nd and 3rd years-2 million dollars, or something like that) and had the nerve to hold out in the last year of his contract saying he was underpaid.

The classic thing was he did the same thing AGAIN in Phoenix. The EXACT same thing.

I can honestly say, I've never been a big fan of Paul Kariya's but when I first heard that he wanted to play with Teemu again and take a pay cut all at the same time, I found myself somewhat respecting that.

Then I found out his ulterior motives. The strike IS coming after this season. He'll be an unrestricted free agent again because his salary is lower than the league average. Because of this AND the strike, HE can play elsewhere next season and make some money. All those under NHL contracts cannot play anywhere nor make money from hockey. Again, all about the money.

I've had enough of the whiney millionaires club.

Like I say, blame the lawyers (Most sports agents, Goodenow and Bettman).