PDA

View Full Version : Foo Fighters

Evil Chris
07-08-2003, 10:16 PM
I went to the Foo Fighters concert the other night with Good Chris.
It was bloddy hot on the concert floor... About 110 degrees at least. We were soaked by the time we left.

As for the Foos... They were great, but the show itself was just over an hour and a half only. So I was a little disappointed. The encore was just two songs. :(

Plus, they played a bunch of their more obscure tunes from previous recordings. That was fine with me cause you don't get to hear them play those songs live very often, but I was hoping they'd grind out more of their earlier speed punk. Still, a good show overall. I just wish it had been longer.

Who else is a Foo fan?

Magnus3x
07-09-2003, 01:43 AM
I love em...all their albums kick!!

2 problems with them live:

- The set is short cuz a lot of the tunes are pretty short, but I still walk away stoked

- Dave can't hit alot of those notes live that he hits in the studio..sometimes it's painful even..

but I love the Foo's just the same.

Tafkap
07-09-2003, 04:52 AM
I luv them!!! had the chance to meet Dave Grohl in the MTV France Offices in Paris (my bro works for MTV) and he's a great and funny dood!!

:bonk:

Johny Traffic
07-09-2003, 05:34 AM
Never seen them live, but love em too

Blacker
07-09-2003, 10:34 AM
The performed at a concert here in Australia at the beginning of the year called Big Day Out (http://www.bigdayout.com) ... they were definately the highlight of the show, although Queens of the Stone age were also performing, I was dissapointed Dave didnt hit the drums on their sets as well ... oh well, cant have everything i suppose.

aspwm
07-09-2003, 12:04 PM
I saw them live down here in South Florida at Zeta Fest a few years back. They are one of my fave bands. They do give a good fucking show.

Dwreck
07-09-2003, 01:08 PM
They are coming here to Edmonton Chris I saw them before and Love em!!

Taylor Hawkins is a killer drummer too.

They go thru some many guitar players? I wonder why.

Did Dave hit the drums Dave? He's the reason I started playing.

poppy
07-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Love the Foo Fighters. It's weird to think that they probably wouldn't exist had Kurt Cobain not killed himself.

aspwm
07-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Very very weird to say...

Evil Chris
07-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by poppy
Love the Foo Fighters. It's weird to think that they probably wouldn't exist had Kurt Cobain not killed himself. I think we all knew he was on a collision course, esp in that last few months when he OD'd in Rome.

However, Dave Grohl is a very talented musician, and he's funny as hell too.

Phoenix
07-10-2003, 03:15 PM
The best part about the foo fighters is when they arenot out making great music and entrtaining people..they are caught up in the ongoing battle, fighting foo...to keep us all safe

Kris
07-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by poppy
Love the Foo Fighters. It's weird to think that they probably wouldn't exist had Kurt Cobain not killed himself.

interesting angle on that

fish
07-11-2003, 01:51 AM
i love the foo fighters. especially the second album. monkey wrench is my favourite song of all time.:)

Chris E
07-11-2003, 09:03 AM
Going to see them at a festival in Britain in August... can't wait! Never seen them before... RHCP are playing the night before! What a line up...

Purple Haze
07-11-2003, 02:56 PM
I like the Foo Fighters, they have some good tunes. I totally agree with Magnus3x, Dave has no endurance.

Purple Haze ;)