PDA

View Full Version : What were your favorite toys when you were a kid?

LaurieX
10-03-2002, 01:15 PM
I was a Strawberry Shortcake girl all the way. I had all of them!

But BOY did I like to ride my Big Wheel.

Does anyone remember Weebles? Ok I guess I am showing my age now :)

Shit I remeber when The Trapper Keeper was introduced!

Evil Chris
10-03-2002, 01:24 PM
I had a big set of Billy Blastoff. :)

Does anyone other than me know what that is?

PSWEileen
10-03-2002, 01:50 PM
do not forget Holly Hobby :p

Eileen

twinkley
10-03-2002, 02:47 PM
I was totally a Rainbow Brite Girl!!

Hey Laurie, do you remember "GEM"? She and all hfer funky hair colored friends were rock stars! Man, I LOVED that show - I remember bugging the hell outta my mom to get me all the "action figures" hahaha

twinkley

JConway
10-03-2002, 02:59 PM
I didn't go anywhere without my pocket pussy!

I always had sports equipment of some sort with me as well. Bats, balls, etc. GI Joe rocked the house also.

Traffichoney
10-03-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by LaurieX
I was a Strawberry Shortcake girl all the way. I had all of them!

But BOY did I like to ride my Big Wheel.

Does anyone remember Weebles? Ok I guess I am showing my age now :)

Shit I remeber when The Trapper Keeper was introduced!

Hey:bonk: Me too... i loved Strawberry Shortcake!!! She's the greatest... smelt soooo good man!..

Also had Cricket.. 'member her? the talking doll lol... Now, she creeps me out.. after the movie 'Chucky'! lol... OH ya.. and My Buddy.... *singing* "my buddy, my buddy... my buddy and me "

Come to think of it....... i'm afraid of all dolls now, especially the ones that have eyes that move ... ooooooooooohh... sccccccaaaaaaaarrrrrrrryyyyyy!!!

hah!.. remember the dolls that used to wet themselves when you fed them.. the water would go straight thru the damn doll! Or the bottles when tipped over at a certain angle.....the liquid would disappear? Where it go? Still trying to figure that out :bonk:

Can't remember anything else.... i think I blocked the rest of my childhood! lol.. :bonk:

Evil Chris
10-03-2002, 03:20 PM
I used to have a GI Joe...as did a lot of my school mates at the time.
Mine broke one day. One of his hands came off. But I didn't care... I just chalked it up to a war injury.
We used to have mock executions and stuff.... Does that make me insane? LOL

LaurieX
10-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Chris as long as you didn't have your GI Joe kill Luke and then hump your princess Lea Figurine I think your alright :)

Sorry Twinkley I was already a pre teen when Gem came out but I remember making fun of my little sister when she played with them.

Traffichoney that My Buddy doll hehehe funny. I bet you were a my little pony girl !

Chris who in the heck is Billy Blastoff

JConway
10-03-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I used to have a GI Joe...as did a lot of my school mates at the time.
Mine broke one day. One of his hands came off. But I didn't care... I just chalked it up to a war injury.
We used to have mock executions and stuff.... Does that make me insane? LOL

No, that's just part of what makes you insane.:D

Tobbe
10-03-2002, 04:19 PM
first when i was 3 i found something on my tv.... alot of boys and girls where naked!? :) thats what i did when i where young. (Just watched.)

ehh or maybe not... i can not tell you the names in english of my toys... i had alot of differnt ones.! :bonk:

Tobbe
10-03-2002, 04:20 PM
Car toys and more ...

twinkley
10-03-2002, 04:33 PM
Hahahahaha Laurie, your showing your age!!

TrafficHoney,

I'm *still* trying to figure out where the milk went when you tipped those bottles over! Now you see it, now you dont!

Those wetting baby dolls were just annoying to me growing up - I dont want a toy I have to clean up after! hahahaha Hmmmm... guess that was a preminition of things to come (no wetting babies for twinkley!)

Big Wheels were the shit, so were Pogo-Balls and those whirly things you sat on, and twisted the handle and it made you spin until you couldnt hang on anymore!

twinkley

Funbrunette
10-03-2002, 04:35 PM
Barbies & My little pony! It's funny I was at Toys"R"US today scoping out baby stuff and I saw the prettiest barbies! :bonk: They were never that nice when I was a kid! Oh...and they finally have brunette barbies :D

gunner
10-03-2002, 04:38 PM
didn't really matter what I was playing with, I just liked breaking shit...
wait.... I still do.

Darin
10-03-2002, 04:48 PM
You guys at toys?

When I was small, all I had was bottle caps... and I had to walk to school for miles with holes in my shoes.

Wait, that was my parents.. yeah thats right.. hehe

Um.. I really liked my Stretch Armstrong, until he broke and weird goo oozed out.

Big wheel was the shit, but grandparents thought I was big enough for bike so took it back and exchanged it.. never forgave them for that.

are we really takling about this?

Darin
10-03-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by twinkley
Big Wheels were the shit, so were Pogo-Balls and those whirly things you sat on, and twisted the handle and it made you spin until you couldnt hang on anymore!

twinkley

So you liked that sit and spin thing huh Twinkley? :bonk:

twinkley
10-03-2002, 04:58 PM
Darin,

Hehehehe I sure did! Wheeeeee!

Explains a lot about how I am now huh??

twinkley

Traffichoney
10-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by twinkley
Hahahahaha Laurie, your showing your age!!

TrafficHoney,

I'm *still* trying to figure out where the milk went when you tipped those bottles over! Now you see it, now you dont!

Those wetting baby dolls were just annoying to me growing up - I dont want a toy I have to clean up after! hahahaha Hmmmm... guess that was a preminition of things to come (no wetting babies for twinkley!)

twinkley

See!!!! :bonk: Man, i'm gonna see if they still got those bottles around and break one!.. Just to see WTF? lol.. :bonk:

and Evil Chris... hahah!.. everytime I think of GI Joe's I remember the joke Eddie Murphy made in "Delirious"(one of his stand-up acts) :OMG! :nuts: If you haven't seen it.. get it! hahah! :nuts:

m@rk
10-03-2002, 05:50 PM
Girls :)

StuartD
10-03-2002, 06:06 PM
Transformers for me!!! Can't beat that stuff.

What ticks me off now is seeing some souped up car of some 17 or 18 year old kid (who has rich parents obviously) with a big ass Transformer symbol on a window, just cause other people have it. Seems to be a fad that's catching on...

The friggin twits don't even have a clue what it is or where it came from, I asked some... they just gotta be unique, like all the unique people before them.

Talk about tarnishing some good childhood memories :(

LaurieX
10-03-2002, 06:09 PM
Traffichoney My daughter has one of those bottles somewhere. Maybe I will disect it and report back to you. We will get to the bottom of this mystery :)

LaurieX
10-03-2002, 06:10 PM
Oh and $50 says Twinkly had a sit and spin ::-|

Bree
10-03-2002, 07:20 PM
My bicycle was my favorite ... I rode that bike all over the one square mile of town I lived in... and down along the beach :)

I had a Barbie Doll... I think it was one of the originals for God's sake.. and still have a very old one with "bubble hair".. and I have one of the first Twist and Turn Barbies... which my mother got by trading in one of the originals LOL they weren't worth anything back then...

More than toys I loved to play games.. like.. um... well yanno, those kiddie games.. like "Spy," "House," "Doctor," and "Batman" :dancer:

StuartD
10-03-2002, 07:24 PM
Only a few days of posting, and I get to find out all of Bree's toys.... past and present.
Of course, I got to see a pic of the toys she plays with now :D

poppy
10-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Star Wars figures here. My favorite was Bobofet.

I rode a Green Machine and Lincoln Logs were also kewl.

Atari 5200 was my fave!

baddog
10-03-2002, 08:41 PM
being the eldest of 12, and not very much money, I have to say my favorite toys were sticks and rocks (I could knock a kid off a bike from half a block away).

besides that, I liked playing with myself and whenever possible, the girl across the street

Bree
10-03-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by StuartD
Only a few days of posting, and I get to find out all of Bree's toys.... past and present.
Of course, I got to see a pic of the toys she plays with now :D

:blush: geez, I hadn't thought of it that way LOL

Evil Chris
10-03-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Darin
You guys at toys?

When I was small, all I had was bottle caps... and I had to walk to school for miles with holes in my shoes.
You had bottlecaps?

When I was small, all my brother and I had were pebbles in the garden out back and the occasional (now obsolete) pull tab from a pop can to play with.

Raya
10-04-2002, 12:50 AM
I loved my red fire engine It had peddles and a bell made of mettle you sat in it and drove around. I had a big set of Lincoln Logs and I loved all the trucks and tractors. I was such a tomboy.

My mom and dad had this on going battle, for every truck he got me my mom got me a Barbie or something. Then one time she got me the big dolls head that you could cut the hair and then make it grow. I thought I could do it to the Barbie's they all had strange haircuts after one creative fit of madness. My mother was so mad I never got a doll again.:p

twinkley
10-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Ahahahahahaha! No, Laurie, You would have lost that bet! I didn't have one! The neighbor kids who were of course really good friends did though! Man I loved that thing!! hehehe

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I know what Laurie's favorite toy is now .... hehehehe.....

POPPY!!! :D

twinkley

LaurieX
10-04-2002, 10:24 AM
Haha Twinkley! Weren't you really into the smurfs when you were a kid? Oh wait you still are! Don't you have that big statue of Papa Smurf hanging out in your closet? :eek:

twinkley
10-04-2002, 12:14 PM
hahahahaha funny you should bring that up! Don't you share in the joy of the smurfs as well thanks to YNOTBOB?!?!

Papa Smurf is kinda scary - he is still wrapped up in his package....

twinkley

Tkt2Pardse
10-04-2002, 04:20 PM
Well, i'm about to admit something that's pretty fucked up. now that i know better anyway.

I had those green plastic armymen and was playing one day at my aunt's house. she had one of those floor heaters in her hallway that creaked when you walked on 'em and burned like hell if you stepped on it while it was hot! i mealted one of them on the heater and it stunk up the whole house, she was pissed and asked me "why i did that?!?!?!" i started crying and said "I was playing army and they're JEWS" i was a stupid freakin' 4th grader! man o man.....i know i didn't even realize that jews were actually human...until she explained to me, in detail, what really happened way back in WWII. I would like to apoligize now for that...

LaurieX
10-04-2002, 04:46 PM
Does anyone remember The Gilligans Floating Island bath toy? That was my favorite toy EVER!

Evil Chris
10-04-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by LaurieX
Does anyone remember The Gilligans Floating Island bath toy? That was my favorite toy EVER!

No and I couldn't find it on Ebay either... What was this thing? A toy for the bathtub?

sherie
10-04-2002, 05:25 PM
Light Bright
Hockey Sticks
Footballs
Spyral graph (sp)
I loved all of the Play doh barber shop things
Hmm didn't mind the easy bake oven briefly

I played alot more sports than I did with toys...tree climbing, stuff like that...

schilli
10-04-2002, 08:50 PM
Can anyone remember the "Green Machine"????

It was like a Big Wheels but it was green and you'd steer from the back end - wicked for doing spin outs!

THE GREEN MACHINE ROCKED!

Zebra
10-05-2002, 03:19 AM
http://www.zebrawashere.com/fun/green.jpg
I had one of these when I was around 8. Was really fun to go down a hill and pick up speed and slam the handles in opposite directions real fast and spin around a bunch.. of course I would wipe out about every other time.

Remember this guy?
http://www.zebrawashere.com/fun/stretch.jpg
He was supposed to be unbreakable but I had the unfortunate luck of getting one that ripped one day when a friend and I had him streched about 10 feet. The shit inside splattered and stuck to the concrete and was there for at least a year. Weird stuff..

Gee-whiz there were some cool toys back in the '70's..

sherie
10-05-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by schilli
Can anyone remember the "Green Machine"????

It was like a Big Wheels but it was green and you'd steer from the back end - wicked for doing spin outs!

THE GREEN MACHINE ROCKED! I do I do!! It was great. Perhaps they only had them here?!

schilli
10-05-2002, 11:16 AM
That is so cool that you found a pic of the legendary Green Machine! I spent some time trying to find one on the net but couldn't.

LoOK AT iT
StARe aT It

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooyeah!

schilli
10-05-2002, 11:25 AM
Hey Sherie -- good to meet someone else from Toronto.

LaurieX
10-05-2002, 11:35 AM
Oh Mi Gosh Zebra I had the Stretch Armstrong Doll Hehe And The Incredible Hulk and Bionic Woman dolls. I think the funniest doll I played with was my Brooke Shields Barbie doll and I used to put on all my grandmas jewlery and pretend to be Mr. T !! Sooo many memories :)