PDA

View Full Version : Postal strike in Canada imminent?

Evil Chris
07-16-2003, 10:20 PM
http://ottawa.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=cupw20030711

For those of us who depend on Canada Post to receive our cheques, this might become very annoying.

Becky
07-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Ahhhh I get my cheques delivered by courier from ADP..good thing. This is silly...they are all going POSTAL!! hehehe::-|

Ronaldo
07-17-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

For those of us who depend on Canada Post to receive our cheques, this might become very annoying.
Yes, it will get very annoying Chris :mad:

As always, blame the lawyers.

quotealex
07-17-2003, 12:18 PM
http://ottawa.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=cupw20030711

You could always promote more sponsors located in Montreal and go get cheques in person at their office.:D

Phoenix
07-17-2003, 12:18 PM
i hate strikes..no offense to anyone..but iunions are a large contributing factor to the state of our economy...in short they are fockers.

postal workers going on strike..hmm maybe it has something to do with the nece weather...this is arant..but i have to say, if the teachers go on strike just onemore time...i think we should cancel school for a year fire all their asses and hire them back as temp work

there are many university grads who would be happy to step in and teach for awhile

ok i am done...move along...nothing to see here

Tafkap
07-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix
i hate strikes..no offense to anyone..but iunions are a large contributing factor to the state of our economy...in short they are fockers.

Well, never live in France then bro'!!!

France is the Official Strike Country!!!

We've had Postal Strikes, Administration's Strike and now we have ppl that work for the entertainment industry that is on strike... Because of them lots of summer festivals have been cancelled!!

:bonk:

Magnus3x
07-17-2003, 01:34 PM
I have more than cheques at stake here, my entire shipping is done by Canada Post, so it looks like I'll be finding another carrier if there is a strike.

So I'm gonna lose even more money!!:mad:

Makes me wanna go postal for sure.

Evil Chris
07-17-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Tafkap
Well, never live in France then bro'!!!

France is the Official Strike Country!!!
:bonk: All in the name of Liberté, Fraternité, Égalité.

Tafkap
07-17-2003, 02:52 PM
All in the name of Liberté, Fraternité, Égalité.

Yep and Freedom of Striking too!!

Ps : u have a azerty keyboard? je vois que tu peux mettre les accents ;)

Evil Chris
07-17-2003, 04:51 PM

Ps : u have a azerty keyboard? je vois que tu peux mettre les accents ;) Copy and paste mon ami! :D

Tafkap
07-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Copy and paste mon ami! :D

Man, u'll always surprising me!!!

Feynman
07-17-2003, 06:55 PM

Bullshit !

I freedom to strike is OK, as long as the govts does not lend their guns to unions by granting them working privileges.

Firing a whole payroll should also be legal, and re-hiring at will too.

But it is not the case.

In Collectivistic societies, everybody is equal, only, some are more equals than others...

McAttack
07-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix

postal workers going on strike..hmm maybe it has something to do with the nece weather...this is arant..but i have to say, if the teachers go on strike just onemore time...i think we should cancel school for a year fire all their asses and hire them back as temp work

there are many university grads who would be happy to step in and teach for awhile

ok i am done...move along...nothing to see here

Yup, totally agree with that. Air Canada pilots were making twice as much as pilots for the budget airlines. Same planes.

Unions WERE good but they're too powerful now.

webgurl
07-18-2003, 12:04 AM
fuk ! Again .... geesh :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WiredGuy
07-18-2003, 09:46 PM
Great... time to call my big sponsors and arrange for money wires.
WG