PDA

View Full Version : I know it's the off-season...

JTW
07-21-2003, 12:06 AM
It seems like there should be more hockey talk on this particular board.

I was pretty surprised to see Sergei Fedorov sign with the Ducks. I could be wrong, but their cup run seemed like kind of a fluky one-time thing. Maybe he had other reasons ($) but it seems like he is leaving a better situation behind.

Lots of other action out west, particularly in Colorodo, signing Selanne and Kariya, yikes!

Cpak
07-21-2003, 02:41 AM
I think that $$$ this is the main reason....

Evil Chris
07-21-2003, 06:36 AM
A lot of players are making moves like this or considering them, probably due to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for the NHL coming due to be re-newed next year.

firehorse
07-21-2003, 09:04 AM
I usually catch a few games a year down here in Oz on cable while I am working. :)

Evil Chris
07-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by firehorse
I usually catch a few games a year down here in Oz on cable while I am working. :) firehorse, you get NHL games down under? Cool! Is there any ice hockey played in Australia at all?

Ronaldo
07-21-2003, 01:09 PM
I agree that the Ducks were a fluke and that Federov made a BIG mistake. He'll be kicking himself next year. Probably won't hang around more than two years.

Kris
07-21-2003, 01:46 PM
i agree, ducks fluke... can't believe they gave gig the espy for best hockey player this past season.

JTW
07-21-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Kris
i agree, ducks fluke... can't believe they gave gig the espy for best hockey player this past season.

I dunno, that playoff performance he had was about as good as it gets. I really got the feeling that the long layoff before the final round kind of allowed him to cool off. You can't really have a one-man team in hockey, but that was as close as you can get.

Ronaldo
07-21-2003, 02:22 PM
I can't wait to see the suckers in my hockey pools line up to take Gigueire.

Like money in the bank baby. :cool:

Cpak
07-22-2003, 09:14 AM
Maybe he doesn't like to play at defence and be in the shadow of old Yzerman?