PDA

View Full Version : M L B

Evil Chris
10-05-2002, 01:21 AM
Any baseball fans catch that Angels / Yankees game tonight?
Nice comeback for the Angels!
That Francisco Rodriguez sure can pitch...

Tobbe
10-05-2002, 08:57 AM
im not intressted in this sport... ::-|

Evil Chris
10-05-2002, 02:21 PM
Of course not. You're Swedish!
Now bring us the Swedish Bikini Team!!! LOL

JTW
10-05-2002, 08:34 PM
Wow, the Yankees are no more.

The playoffs are totally wide open.

Evil Chris
10-05-2002, 08:44 PM
I'm happy for the Angels... Also tired of seeing the Yankees win for 6 years in a row. Time for new blood!

JTW
10-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Before I moved to Tampa I was a Yankees fan. Now I go for all the Tampa Bay teams, which means like one winner basically. I still like the Yankees, but I have to admit I don't want to see the same team win every year.

It will be cool if the Angels face the A's in the next round. They had a great race for the Division title. Maybe a little revenge factor?

In closing, I will also be cheering for any team that plays against the Giants and Barry Bonds. He's a great player and everything, but he has been so unlikeable over the years.

Evil Chris
10-05-2002, 09:39 PM
Did you go to www.mlb.com and vote for the most memorable moment in baseball?
I voted for Joe Carter's world series winning home run.

JTW
10-05-2002, 10:07 PM
Joe Carter's HR was memorable, especially to Canadian fans I'm sure.

I had to pick the Bill Buckner error. I was just a kid then, but I will never forget that play. The Kirk Gibson one too. I remember I thought the A's were unbeatable. Boy, was I wrong.

I wonder who can consider that Cristy Mathewson play in 1905 memorable. Not too many people can remember it, I bet. Because it was so long ago.

Jay[neX]
10-06-2002, 12:24 AM
Go Expos Go!!!

sherie
10-06-2002, 03:28 AM
Forget about the ball and "DROP THE PUCK!" :D

JTW
10-06-2002, 03:39 AM
Well now the D'backs are out too, so both of the teams from last yr's world series are gone.

I suppose the Cardinals are the sentimental favorite, after the loss of pitcher D Kile and announcer J Buck. (to death)

Tafkap
10-07-2002, 04:39 AM
Well, as a French dude, i'm not really into baseball but more into Football (the Us one, not soccer, i've played 2 years and a half as a guard in a team).

Anyway, Brett (aka Tejano B) is pissed off today cause Yankees lost and still cryin' on my shoulder... anyone here to cheer him up? cause my shirt's getting wet and wet....

:bonk:

Evil Chris
10-07-2002, 08:21 AM
I think I'll probably cheer for the Giants (for at least one more game anyway)...
But the Angels look very strong too...

baddog
10-07-2002, 08:50 AM
well, being a Giants fan since 1968 I am always glad when they make it, nowever, I was a little concerned about a World Series between Oakland and SF because the last time that happened it caused so much stress that there was an earthquake,

Now, the Angels vs the Giants, had never considered that a possibility prior to this season

JTW
10-08-2002, 12:51 AM
All of the underdog teams won their series. That is obviously surprising.

So let me see if I have this right. If I miss a field goal or kick a punt and it lands in the end zone, I get 1 pt for a rouge? Is that right? We don't have rouges here in the US.