PDA

View Full Version : Red Dragon

sherie
10-05-2002, 03:33 AM
A little disappointing :( Very perdictable. The Silence of the Lambs was the best one...and the original Red Dragon, Manhunter, that was as creepy as shit!!

So IMO you don't need to rush to see it...of course you'll want to (if you like the Hannibal series) but it's not like you need to go tomorrow LOL

That is just my opinion, and I am looking forward to reading the book!

modF
10-05-2002, 11:48 AM
I thought it was decent. I went in not hoping for much, so I was not really let down.

modF
10-05-2002, 11:49 AM
Let me just add, that I would still go see it. But if you do happen to miss it in the movies, it will be a good rental. :)

Evil Chris
10-05-2002, 02:20 PM
Is Red Dragon another movie where you're given almost everything in the trailer?
It looks awesome in that...

Hopkins might be ruining himself by playing Hannibal in 3 movies...

sherie
10-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Is Red Dragon another movie where you're given almost everything in the trailer?
It looks awesome in that...

Hopkins might be ruining himself by playing Hannibal in 3 movies... Well sorta. However, it was great to see how it all began. I would recommend Manhunter and then compare the two...

As for Hopkins...Nah! His performance once again as Hannibal was great!

JTW
10-05-2002, 03:47 PM
I read Red Dragon a few years back. Does the movie keep pretty true to the story? Especially the ending?

Evil Chris
10-05-2002, 04:35 PM
I think I'll check it out, but there are a few good ones coming out soon.
Namely, The Transporter, and Knockaround Guys.... both of those look good.

sherie
10-06-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by JTW
I read Red Dragon a few years back. Does the movie keep pretty true to the story? Especially the ending? Honestly, I read both, The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal before I went and seen the movie. I figured this time that I would see the movie first, and truth be known the Lambs was the best in comparison to the movie...Hannibal, was a long book and they left out some major parts IMO so this time I figured that I would see the movie first and then read the book.

But like I said, rent Manhunter the original Dragon and see what you think...I am sure that the book for this flick (Dragon) is way better!

Funbrunette
10-07-2002, 11:32 AM
Just saw it last night...I was a bit disapointed, but I read the book before I saw the movie. The book was amazing!!!

I still think Anthony Hopkins is a genius :)

ElvisManson
10-07-2002, 04:26 PM
red dragon was a great book..I read it about 8 yrs ago...and was hooked.

Hey Sherie...i didn't think anyone else knew about ManHunter...That was a great movie!!! I don't imagine that the new version will bve any better....a little bit more slick....but not better.

Shann
10-07-2002, 06:10 PM
I was GOING to see it, but Sherie convinced me otherwise! LOL

I saw Manhunter too, wonder if it's on DVD.... hmmmm maybe i'll head out and rent it tonight just to scare me to death! lol

Terrence
10-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Intersting views on the movie. I'm going to see it on Wednesday.

sherie
10-08-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by ElvisManson
red dragon was a great book..I read it about 8 yrs ago...and was hooked.

Hey Sherie...i didn't think anyone else knew about ManHunter...That was a great movie!!! I don't imagine that the new version will bve any better....a little bit more slick....but not better. Yeah, I seen that movie about, hmmm, yikes about 15 years or so ago.

Micheal Noonan is fucking CREEEEEEPY!! I have the movie too, just bought it last year...Which reminds me I have to get that back!

Riiiiiight Shannon, you won't even watch Nightmare before Christmas never mind Red Dragon LOL J/k can't even get you to watch Hannibal sheesh, but if you must blame me then go ahead hehe:p