PDA

View Full Version : Miami was good if not great

saus
08-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Good show overall, but man...
Industry is in a world of hurt, you could see it on the faces (many of which i've been looking at for many years)

very tight on the party budgets, booth budgets etc etc..
Lotta good guys looking a little drawn, so it was nice to kick back a few drinks and unwind a bit and enjoy good company, but the parties were a little on the stinky side - I needed a few scotches to get lively, when usually the webmasters create the mood.

Only top bucks got a majority of attendees in the gates, so no big convention wide parties - lots of invite only stuff, smaller dinners etc. clearly the swinging 90's and the mega bashes have closed.

It did look like a level playing field though, a smaller company can setup a booth and not look out of place, booth budgets were WAY down.

Also nice to see the more natural, industry periphery girls around as opposed to the big titty features, at least some women are getting involved via content, billing companies, reps etc. They looked good, nice to see a few functioning brains as opposed to sillicone everywhere :)

Without a doubt, number one word on everyones lips is 'legal'
lawyers, compliance, patents, billing... it's an attorney's market.

to my man Easton - I hope your throat clears, always good to see you dude.

Easton
08-06-2003, 11:58 PM
cheers bro, thanks... nice bumping into you briefly that nite...

very good post btw, tho i do miss the big silicone girls a bit more than you... LOL