PDA

View Full Version : Something I thought was messed up...

luke
08-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Two says ago I was sitting on my computer and I heard my roommate yelling at someone off our balcony. When I got out there, I say two guy trying to rob my neighbors as they started to go up the stairs into their house. Luckily, my roommate saw them and when he started yelling, they ran off. So he called the police, and this is at 10pm. We figured they would be here within the hour. We waited around, saw a bunch of the neighbors friends come over so we walked over and talked to them about what happened.

So when did the cops show up??? 2am in the morning after we were asleep! That's 4hours after it happened and then they are questioning us like they are going to try and go find the guys. I just have to say, that responce time REALLY sux!

On a good note, we had a letter at our door this morning from the chicks thanking us for watching out, saying something and calling the cops...even if they got there 4 hours after it happened. Ahhh, New Orleans finest!

Ronaldo
08-14-2003, 12:42 PM
That's shitty Luke, but police forces world wide are so undermanned it's scary.

However, if the police knew that the suspects had run off, I'm not surprised by the response time. If they DIDN'T know, I'd be making a few phone calls.

luke
08-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I figured that had something to do with them knowing they ran off but still, 4 hours? I'm sure that doesn't make the chicks that just moved in 3 weeks ago feel all that safe knowing it takes cops that long to respond.