PDA

View Full Version : Share your expertise, please...

Fyrflygrl
08-14-2003, 02:24 PM
Lotsa questions :)

Would you say it's more common or less common for adult webmasters with referral programs to 'scrub' potential affiliates before accepting them, or is it most common just to accept all webmasters and hope for the best?

If you do check out webmasters before accepting them into your program, what criteria do you use currently, or would use to qualify affiliates?

If you don't, does anything other than cheating get them ousted from your program?

THANKS in advance!

:boobies:

Ronaldo
08-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Besides the "Country" scrub, I've only heard of a couple of larger programs checking to see where you're getting your traffic from.

Naturally cheating will get you canned, but I've recently heard that a number of webmasters are getting cut loose because of poor conversions from trial to full member. Those that fall into the second category always seem to get paid in full regardless.

Smaller programs seem to be a little more agressive in their "scrubbing". Which is generally fine, because they usually have exclusive content, and very few people promoting them, so you make ALOT more money.

Hopefully, this helped somewhat.

Mayhem
08-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Hey there,

I'm the Affiliate Manager for Xtremepay.com and even though it's not technically an 'adult' program, we sell penis enlargement (www.americas-drugstore.com), breast enlargement etc and have many connections within the Industry.

Our premise is to accept anyone who wishes to promote our products. If after sign-up we see poor clicks or conversions then we work with the individual affiliate/company to try to determine what the problem could be, and then obviously fix it.

We have some affiliates who are sitting idle, and we check up on them regularly to see if there is anything we can do to help them get started. The sooner the affiliate starts working, the sooner they can get paid (and we pay every 2 weeks, so affiliates are pretty content with that schedule).

We are very flexible with our affiliates, so if you're interested in a program that offers 40% commissions and a 5% commission webmaster referral then Xtremepay.com would be the way to go. The products mesh well within the industry and are not in direct competition with your own services, which is why we encourage adult webmasters to sign up with us.

We were recently at the Internext-Expo in Florida and had a couple of booths, you may have seen our guys wandering the aisles with their 6 foot long blow-up penises, it was a sight to behold! :nuts:

To be kicked off our affiliate program you have to do something very serious. Most affiliate sites will have a terms and conditions section to review. This will show you what rules you must abide by. Sometimes though there can be flexibility (as I mentioned) on some terms, and with our company we suggest you just give our Affiliate Support team a call.

But anyways, I feel like I've spent too much time selling and not enough time replying, so I'm sorry if I bombarded you, I'm so used to writing sales copy and advertising campaigns at work that it's hard to stop when you're on your own time!! :bonk:

Good luck in your research, I hope you find some good programs to promote through your site.

:yeahmon:
~Mayhem
www.MistressOfMayhem.com

Fyrflygrl
08-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks Mayhem and Ronaldo!!

I appreciate your insight!

:)

Evil Chris
08-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Some programs are overly cautious, probably because they have been screwed over in the past.

Triplexcash (http://www.triplexcash.com/) lets in most everyone, and if a particular country isn't listed for a potential webmaster, we'll let them in manually in most cases but we'll also keep an eye on the account for a little while at least.

Fraud protection has come a long way in the last few years too, which helps with this situation.