PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Vs. Jason

SykkBoy
08-16-2003, 01:10 AM
Anyone else psyched to see this movie?

I couldn't score a babysitter tonight so have to catch it tomorrow night. I'm looking for some good old fashioned stalk and slash, a ton of blood and some breasts. Goddamn teeny bopper horror of the 90's hid all the blood and kept the boobs covered. INFIDELS!

Bring on Bad Ass Freddy K and Slash Master J!

Anyone else have the kickass screensaver from www.freddyvsjason.com
You can even make your own semi-custom wallpaper.......

Taass
08-16-2003, 05:36 AM
Hey that trailer looks pretty cool..

Funny, I always found the Jason movies rater lame.. But The Nightmares where cool :D

SykkBoy
08-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Taass
Hey that trailer looks pretty cool..

Funny, I always found the Jason movies rater lame.. But The Nightmares where cool :D

I've always prefered the Friday movies over Elm Street, but enjoy them as well.

I preferred retarded bastion of good Jason over zombie Jason.

My biggest problem with Freddy is when he just became a one-liner spouting gameshow host of death. In the first two movies, he was one dark, brutal SOB and then he just became a psychotic comedian. Jason just went about his business of hack and slash.

I espceially loved te way kane Hodder played Jason with the heaving chest and that determined walk, unlike the lumbering versions seen in previous movies with other actors (especially Ted White in part 4, even though that was my favorite of the series).

While I like some dark humor with my horror, I find myself frustrated with horror comedies, except the spoof movies like "Scary Movie" or "Re-Posesses"

With that said, bring on "Uncle Sam Vs. Jack Frost"

Evil Chris
08-16-2003, 06:50 PM
I think Funbrunette is going to see Jason vs Freddy tonight.
(I'm babysitting) LOL

We pretty much go see any horror movie that comes out. But I'll admit that most of them are crapola. :rolleyes:

Taass
08-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Just got Resident Evil at some discount movies sale, that surprised me by beeing way better than expected..

Two other cool movies i can recomend gotta be John Carpenters "Vampires" and "They Live".. Old movies but realy great :)

SykkBoy
08-17-2003, 01:54 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Freddy vs. Jason is my favorite movie of the year so far!

If you know Freddy and Jason inside out (like I do ;-)) you'll LOVE all the references and in-jokes.

I won't spoil anything other than to say it was one hell of a battle and one hell of a fight scene.

The acting was better than the typical horror movie victims. The dialogue was a little rough in areas, but who gives a hit, all we want to see is some damn hack, hack, slash, splat!

It feels so good and so comfortable to go back to 80's style horror. We get nudity AND the red stuff (things the "Scream" type movies took away from us).

I only had a minor gripe with the movie and that was a few rough edits that looked like MPAA shenanegans or the editor was on crack during the editing process of those two scenes (this wasn't the typical MTV style editing, it was just a couple bad edits).

So, two big, bloody severed thumbs up!
10/10

I'm going to go see it again sometimes this week.

NOTE: this is a valentine to horror fans (especially Freddy and Jason fans) and if you're not a fan of the series, you'll probably not be as excited as I was.

Danny_C
08-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Freddy vs. Jason is my favorite movie of the year so far!

If you know Freddy and Jason inside out (like I do ;-)) you'll LOVE all the references and in-jokes.

I won't spoil anything other than to say it was one hell of a battle and one hell of a fight scene.

The acting was better than the typical horror movie victims. The dialogue was a little rough in areas, but who gives a hit, all we want to see is some damn hack, hack, slash, splat!

It feels so good and so comfortable to go back to 80's style horror. We get nudity AND the red stuff (things the "Scream" type movies took away from us).

I only had a minor gripe with the movie and that was a few rough edits that looked like MPAA shenanegans or the editor was on crack during the editing process of those two scenes (this wasn't the typical MTV style editing, it was just a couple bad edits).

So, two big, bloody severed thumbs up!
10/10

I'm going to go see it again sometimes this week.

NOTE: this is a valentine to horror fans (especially Freddy and Jason fans) and if you're not a fan of the series, you'll probably not be as excited as I was.

Good review... I agree with it all. That's one of the best movies of the summer.

SykkBoy
08-18-2003, 06:39 PM
I just hope this bodes well for the upcoming Texas hainsaw Massacre remake

http://www.pillpimps.com/pics/chainsaw.gif

Funbrunette
08-18-2003, 07:19 PM
Ok, now I'm REALLY pumped to see it! I love blood, gore, violence and sex (not at the same time...lol) :D Oh my...I'm so devious! :cackle:

My money is on Freddy! :freddy:

SykkBoy
08-18-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
Ok, now I'm REALLY pumped to see it! I love blood, gore, violence and sex (not at the same time...lol) :D Oh my...I'm so devious! :cackle:

My money is on Freddy! :freddy:

Seriously try to avoid all spoilers before seeing it. I had a REALLY tough time avoiding spoilers before seeing it, but luckily, saw the movie 99% fresh.

I will say that this does have one of the most brutal kills I've seen on screen in a long time.......and one of the "funniest"

RRC_II
08-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Always liked Freddy Films... Jason was too quiet, beware of the quiet ones they say. The movie was great... It has been a long time since I really enjoyed a movie. Too many kids in the cinema and parents with thier kids. What is up with that...

:badcomp: Enjoy...

A.A.
08-20-2003, 06:02 PM
I've always been a huge fan of both these movie series, I just hope this movies not all cheesy!!

SykkBoy
08-20-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by A.A.
I've always been a huge fan of both these movie series, I just hope this movies not all cheesy!!

Cheesy, but fun cheesy..there are some great kills, entertaining setups and the acting isn't the best, but it's a fun a ride. I'm also glad they stopped making Freddy the CarrotTop of Killers and made him darker and more sinister as he was in the first Elm Street movie...

sherie
08-21-2003, 05:16 PM
I didn't read any of the replies incase someone gave away too much info! I for one have always been a huge Freddy fan!

I can't wait to see it. What I think is going to be the most enjoyable is the fact that Jason does not talk and Freddy is witty and sarcastic, so no matter what Jason is gonna be speechless LOL I think I will go this weekend!!

GO FREDDY GO!!!

Funbrunette
08-27-2003, 05:39 PM
That was a HUGE disapointment...I went to see it last night with a GF and we laughed!!!

My favorite part has to be when Freddy gives Jason "The peoples elbow" (If you follow wrestling and you the know the Rock, you know what I'm talking about).

Oh well, I'm still glad I got to see it!

BTW, did anyone notice that ALL the women in the movie had fake titties...lol :bonk: (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

sherie
08-27-2003, 05:53 PM
I seen it! I thought the begining was a little disturbing, I found the rest of it pretty funny! There were some good but then you have to take that along with the cheesey. I wasn't disappointed because I didn't really expect much. I liked it, something do watch when your hungover on the couch!

StuartD
08-27-2003, 11:25 PM
If there was no "cheesy" then I would have been very disappointed.

The 80's and early 90's horror movies were filled with cheesy moments... it's what made them what they were... not like these new "thrillers."

If they removed all the elements that made it great back in the day and made it more modern... I'd have been upset.

But they didn't... so... I loved it! It was great... some stuff I was thinking could be different here and there, but it still didn't take away from it. I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

iroc409
08-28-2003, 12:00 AM
i wasn't planning on seeing it due to the fact that i was kinda dissappointed by the last jason movie, but based on some posts here, i might have to check it out...

StuartD
08-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by iroc409
i wasn't planning on seeing it due to the fact that i was kinda dissappointed by the last jason movie, but based on some posts here, i might have to check it out...

If you liked part 1 of either movie... then you'd like this one. That's all ya need to know :D