PDA

View Full Version : Power outage UGH

Shann
08-18-2003, 05:30 PM
Anyone else suffering! I heard we're supposed to use 50% power but I'm not! Hope I don't get in trouble! eeeeeek!

Ronaldo
08-18-2003, 06:27 PM
That's a little bit selfish don't you think, under the circumstances?

Never mind that if it was me, the first thing I'd do is turn on my computers, air conditioner, stereo etc. etc. :D

Evil Chris
08-19-2003, 09:39 AM
Luckily for us here in Quebec, there were no outages. That's because our power originates from the James Bay hydro-electric system, which is detached from all of the other North American power grids.

I heard that rolling outages were supposed to happen, so did it?
I asked my Mom if her power had gone out again since it came back and she said no. She lives in south-western Ontario.

dyonisus
08-19-2003, 12:06 PM
I did not go online until late last night and then only for a little, air has been off most of the time and no lights candles despite the heat and no cooking.. cold sandwiches or salads...

I am still trying to conserve although my patience are wearing thin!!
I was warned, and given a check list of things to do to conserve, turn off clock radios use microwave instead of stove no air etc!!

Shann
08-19-2003, 10:12 PM
My building had made cutbacks, turned off the extras like sauna and waterfalls. My A/C is running top speed, it gets too fucking hot in here, leather couches and no A/C NO WAY!

I have been doing what i can, no mega laundry and my building said to do it from 8pm til 8am. :)

blazi
08-20-2003, 09:15 AM
our power did not go out, but we were w/out the Internet for almost 2 days. made me realize (again) just how addicted to being online I am hehe

wolfman
08-22-2003, 12:36 AM
I was in Kingston at the time the power went out. I was stuck in a stuffy room with nothing for 12hrs. We were going crazy. :cackle:

Luckily the bars were still open, so we went out and partied until the wee hours.:dancer:

Shann
08-22-2003, 02:14 AM
yea if the bars weren't open, we surely would have started looting! lol

The beer store my dad runs here in Toronto got broken into the night of the black out, and the robbers only took one 24. :) Canadians are nice looters! hehe

twinkley
08-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Hahahaha even when looting you conserve!

I can see it now "hey guys, lets just take what we need eh?"

hahahaha

nice :)

twinkley

dyonisus
08-22-2003, 05:51 PM
YEah beer was a savior that night, a buddy and I were at a local watering hole they offered pints and bottles for 2.25 and they were going fast, pub was full of people drining in the candle light

Shann
08-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by twinkley
Hahahaha even when looting you conserve!

I can see it now "hey guys, lets just take what we need eh?"

hahahaha

nice :)

twinkley

Exactly! :) We are too nice eh!