PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a free webhost!

excel
08-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Anyone know of a host company that gives you php 4 and my squal?

SykkBoy
08-18-2003, 06:52 PM
www.revsharehosting.com
NOTHING compares to these guys. Steve runs a kickass site/program. His customer service is top notch.

excel
08-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Yes i have tried them and they dont have php 4 see my site is in php nuke i need php 4 any other places available.

excel
08-18-2003, 07:03 PM
Im sorry i was wrong i thought that was a diff site. I emailed them yesterday but havent heard nothing yet? How long does it take to get signed up with them?

SykkBoy
08-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by excel
Im sorry i was wrong i thought that was a diff site. I emailed them yesterday but havent heard nothing yet? How long does it take to get signed up with them?

it shouldn't take anymore than 24-48 hours.

excel
08-18-2003, 07:21 PM
OK i dont think its been 48 hrs yet:) Ill just wait. So they are a good company and not the ones that redirect traffic or anything like that. Thanks again :)

SykkBoy
08-18-2003, 11:24 PM
OK i dont think its been 48 hrs yet:) Ill just wait. So they are a good company and not the ones that redirect traffic or anything like that. Thanks again :)

They rock
I know Steve fairly well and am good friends and a sometimes business partner with the guy who programmed the backend. They had some growing pains when they first came on the scene (grew so fast, they had troubles keeping up with the servers). They don't re-direct traffic. What they do is only allow you to use certain sponsors they have deals with and they get a piece of the action.

It sure beats having your headers/footers taken and getting your foreign traffic re-directed.

quotealex
08-18-2003, 11:33 PM

If you get accepted, they no longer accept as many webmasters as in the old days, you will have to resign with paysites on their list (They make their profit by taking a cut of the signups you generate thru those sponsors) and no they don't redirect traffic since they are not a purely freehost but a "sharehost".

excel
08-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Hey sky boy could you put a good word in for me so i can get him to host my site? It would be greatly appreciated:) I still havent heard nothing yet. Thanks

SykkBoy
08-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Hey sky boy could you put a good word in for me so i can get him to host my site? It would be greatly appreciated:) I still havent heard nothing yet. Thanks

Shoot me an email lance@buildpage.com with your signup info and I'll see what I can do. I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do.

excel
08-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Hey thanks alot:) What info you need? My email?

SykkBoy
08-19-2003, 02:36 PM
Hey thanks alot:) What info you need? My email?

email, user name, etc.

excel
08-19-2003, 02:42 PM
um i didnt send that it it didnt ask it just gave me email to email them?
http://www.revsharehosting.com/indexv2.cfm?content=joinv2.cfm

SykkBoy
08-19-2003, 02:44 PM
um i didnt send that it it didnt ask it just gave me email to email them?
http://www.revsharehosting.com/indexv2.cfm?content=joinv2.cfm

ok, just whatever info you have that will help...
if you have a couple sample url's, etc. (so I know who I'm referring ;-)))

btw, this is post 100....will now have an XNations shirt to go with my GFY shirts :-)

excel
08-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Ok i dont have no samples im building site as we speak,but cant finish cause its in php,so i need a host so i can get it done and launch it.Heres my email excelmike2002@yahoo.com. Tell him to contact me if he wants ok.

SykkBoy
08-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Ok i dont have no samples im building site as we speak,but cant finish cause its in php,so i need a host so i can get it done and launch it.Heres my email excelmike2002@yahoo.com. Tell him to contact me if he wants ok.

OK, I'm actually having lunch with Allen, the programmer later today, so I'll let him know or have him let Steve know.

excel
08-19-2003, 02:51 PM
Hey thanks so much if you have a site i will put your link or banner on there for helping me ok:)