PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Overture or FindWhat ?

Evil Chris
08-21-2003, 04:15 PM
I've been learning the PPC game over the past few months by playing with both Overture and FindWhat. It's amazing to me how you can learn how to maximize the value of one single click to a page.

Anyone else doing this?

wolfman
08-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Overture is a powerful tool, again it all depends if the cost of the bidding amounts. Again it all depends of the search terms you will be using...

As for FindWhat, there are details that help you understand what they can offer. It does contain different partner sites. But how does it fair with overture?

I guess we would require joining and finding out… FindWhat will charge you a 25$ fees, compare to Overture it’s 50$ with certain monthly requirements unless you want fast track then it’s 199 one time service fee with the above requirements…

My question is there others sites that are more competitive and use the same amount of partner sites?

Here are the links… have fun…

http://www.content.overture.com/d/USm/ays/choose.jhtml

https://secure.findwhat.com/open_account.asp

Evil Chris
08-21-2003, 05:09 PM
I'd have to put more faith in Overture, based on the SE results it gets as compared to other PPC engines. As we know now, Overture is now owned by Yahoo and we know those results are gold.

Findwhat is much easier to get adult keywords listed. They hardly ever question them. Overture questions literally anything adult related.

Evil Chris
08-21-2003, 05:10 PM
wolfman.... nice avatar! :D

trafficlown
08-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by wolfman
My question is there others sites that are more competitive and use the same amount of partner sites?

We actually partner with FindWhat among a few others major players--I didn't realize that Find What, Overture, & Google Adwords charge fees outside of a normal CPC. :bonk: You will find that most of the larger CPC players all work with each other in one way or another...for instance Google sends us great UK traffic.

Evil Chris--say wadup to KB from Sex.Com

Kris
08-21-2003, 07:33 PM
i use overture on some non-adult stuff. they've been updating their system for the past 5 days and i'm about to go postal in their offices. i wish i could figure out how yahoo decides how many overture sponsor links they're going to give at the top for certain terms.. some it's 3 some 4, some 2... the random ness drives me nuts. i was told it was done on a monthly basis depending on the traffic certain terms were getting. just another bump in the road i guess:badcomp:

wolfman
08-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
wolfman.... nice avatar! :D

Thanks dude!

hehehe