PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows TMDA?

wsjb78
09-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Hiya,

I just wondered if you know TMDA or any other white list system and whether you use it...
All I can say is that TMDA just keeps about 99.9% of the spam outside my mailbox! In case anyone would like to see what it is:

http://www.tmda.net

Mister X
09-14-2003, 05:33 PM
I don't use it though I can see the usefulness of a system like that. But I get newsletters and stuff as well as various confirmation emails, etc. so it would just be too much of a hassle for me to use.

wsjb78
09-14-2003, 07:39 PM
Not really....

you can whitelist email adresses yourself.... and regarding confirmation emails you have a pending queue.... let's say you sign up for something you then go to your pending queue and whitelist that yourself.

The spam that lands in my inbox is almost 0 meanwhile. The next version of TMDA should have incorporated a user authentification where one is being required to visit a webpage and enter a pwd from an image...

Right at the moment a simple reply is enough but spammers could adapt that too easily! :)

Mister X
09-15-2003, 01:19 AM
Interesting but still seems to be more work than just deleting the spam, lol. I get a LOT of confirmation emails from gallery submissions. Most of my spam goes to Hotmail anyways. that's what i have it for. :D

wsjb78
09-15-2003, 04:57 AM
well, if you get lots of confirmation emails from different addresses then it's probably not a wise thing to use :)