PDA

View Full Version : Leafs coach Pat Quinn is gone!

Ronaldo
09-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Mark my words, by the start of the next hockey season (2004 or whenever that may be) Pat Quinn won't be the coach of the Maple Leafs.

Him and Fergie already don't see eye to eye. It's only a matter of time.

Evil Chris
09-15-2003, 02:41 PM
Bring back Pat Burns! ;)

(I know, he already has a job...)

Funbrunette
09-15-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Ronaldo
Mark my words, by the start of the next hockey season (2004 or whenever that may be) Pat Quinn won't be the coach of the Maple Leafs.

Him and Fergie already don't see eye to eye. It's only a matter of time.

You won't see me crying...Never liked him! ::-|

Ronaldo
09-16-2003, 01:38 AM
I expected FunBrunette's response being a Habs fan (roflmao), but as a supposed true Leafs loyalist, I'm dissapointed in Chris not standing up for the current head coach.

Sounds like the soon to come "Dissension" I suspect in Hogtown. We're all behind the head coach....until we "Suck beyond comprehension" this year.

This is the year the Leafs are banking on to win the cup because of all the veterans. Jesus.

My prediction? Leafs hang on to make the playoffs. Eighth, MAYBE seventh place. Then? Swept out of the first round by one of their most recently hated rivals...the Senators or the Flyers.

:duel: (As a pacifist, I've been WAITING to use this avatar. Woohoo!!)

mailman
09-16-2003, 12:25 PM
just stop crying and cheer for the penguins...

sherie
09-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Time will tell. Let's just try to get through this season first.

I think they will finish better than that, and not sure where you've been but Toronto has been taking out the Sens for awhile now =)

Ronaldo
09-16-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by sherie
and not sure where you've been but Toronto has been taking out the Sens for awhile now =)
Hmm. Didn't happen last year.

First round playoff exit.

sherie
09-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Yea last year...what about the years before that? GONE!

Ronaldo
09-16-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by sherie
Yea last year...what about the years before that? GONE!
Not arguing that. They knocked out the Sens a few times no doubt.

Unfortunately for Leafs fans, the Sens have matured and most players are just now entering the prime of their careers.

The Leafs on the other hand, have blown their chance and they're now getting too old.

Last year's playoffs were a big indication of both of these facts.

sherie
09-16-2003, 03:40 PM
And now there is this year. You should know by now that anything is possible. Quite frankly I still think the Leafs have a great team. With Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Noland (hopefully he's better this season), Sundin etc., Not to mention Eddie the Slasher...hopefully the young buck Jackman will get a spot, they are going to fare just fine. Sure they are getting older, but to me that makes them hungrier.

We have always had grit and I am not going to worry about the cup and where they stand before they even hit home ice ;)

ScriptBall
09-17-2003, 02:32 AM
Finally, I remember was it last year or a year before ? Pat Quinn had to be taken out of the arena with some heart problems or something ? When it starts to get to your health, I think its time to throw in the towel

sherie
09-17-2003, 02:36 PM
He is doing and looking great these days!! He's off the sauce and is not smoking stoggies anymore!! Kudo's to Quinn!

Ronaldo
03-24-2006, 02:54 PM
lol, boy I was a little off with this prediction.

Should happen soon though.

Quagmire
03-24-2006, 05:21 PM
The Leafs don't deserve fans. They need to start playing some real hockey to gain some respect back.

Jimmidean
03-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Toronto has a hockey team?
Go Sens

Jimmidean
03-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Sorry did not look far enough down the standings I found them.

Evil Chris
03-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Hmm... I didn't ressurect this thread, but I'm glad someone did.

So did anyone "mark Ron's words"??? ;)

Ron, your incredible foresight didn't even consider the hockey strike of 2004/2005, let alone your ridiculous predictions about Pat Quinn.

So please look into your crystal ball and give us some more good news.

Ronaldo
03-25-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Hmm... I didn't ressurect this thread, but I'm glad someone did.

So did anyone "mark Ron's words"??? ;)

Ron, your incredible foresight didn't even consider the hockey strike of 2004/2005, let alone your ridiculous predictions about Pat Quinn.

So please look into your crystal ball and give us some more good news.
Actually, I'm secure enough to be able to admit when I make mistakes, hence the bump by ME.

As stated though, Quinn is gone in the offseason regardless of whether or not they make the playoffs. Um, if they get lucky and win a couple of playoff rounds it could save his head, but even then I think the writing's on the wall.

GoodChris
03-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I just plain ol think they suck. HOWever.... I do get pleasure from them sometimes... for instance... Evil Chris and I went to the game Thursday (5-1 Baby)... great seats... etc..and to sum it all up:

mtl/tor hockey tickets: $270
gas & parking: $20
Dinner and Beer: $60

Evil Chris' face when montreal was up 4-0 in the 1st period: PRICELESS

Ronaldo
03-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by GoodChris
mtl/tor hockey tickets: $270
gas & parking: $20
Dinner and Beer: $60

Evil Chris' face when montreal was up 4-0 in the 1st period: PRICELESS
ahahahahaha, best use of the priceless parody I've ever seen.

Sadly I can only imagine that expression.

GoodChris
03-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Ronaldo
ahahahahaha, best use of the priceless parody I've ever seen.

Sadly I can only imagine that expression.

Picture a wounded puppy.... best way to describe it.

Evil Chris
03-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah well game 2 is tonight and I'm thinking Domi WON'T be on the bench for this one.

As for Quinn... who knows? One can only speculate the changes Toronto will make in the off-season.

GoodChris
03-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Domi Domi Domi....Like THATS gonna make a difference...

I thought you said the problem was Richardson and Belak....Sheesh.

MonsterPartners
03-26-2006, 09:30 AM
It is time, it really is. They are my favorite team....to see them do so crappy is heart breaking