PDA

View Full Version : Hockey?

modF
10-10-2002, 10:52 PM
Been watching the Philly/Edmonton game tonight, not a bad game. A bit of fighting, decent play. Something is getting on my nerves already though, the damn refs. A good hit is called roughing now! What is this? I noticed it as well a few times in the preseason as well. If they start to call everytime there is a check, than the entire dynamic of the game is gone.

Ok thats enough of my bitch, besides third period is starting. :)

sherie
10-10-2002, 10:54 PM
WoooHoooo the Leafs just kicked Pitsburghs ASS!! 6-0 Take that Mario!!!! Boooya!

modF
10-10-2002, 11:04 PM
Nice ;) I think I have tickets for the Flyers/Leafs game in December. I always like to see those teams play.

Evil Chris
10-11-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by modF
Been watching the Philly/Edmonton game tonight, not a bad game. A bit of fighting, decent play. Something is getting on my nerves already though, the damn refs. A good hit is called roughing now! What is this? I noticed it as well a few times in the preseason as well. If they start to call everytime there is a check, than the entire dynamic of the game is gone.

Ok thats enough of my bitch, besides third period is starting. :)

I heard on SportsNet that the league is once again cracking down on borderline cheap shots and obstruction this year. I didn't watch any games last night, but I guess that's what is happening. I hope the refs don't get too anal about it.

modF
10-11-2002, 09:58 AM
Well I can see getting tighter on the cheap shots and all that, but I saw 3 good clean hits (from both sides) that were called. Then again, could be first real game of the season, time to set the mood. I dunno, we shall see.

adltbiz
10-11-2002, 11:23 AM
i miss the old goons from each team whos only job was to beat the snot out of other team's players.. man i hope hockey isnt taking a turn for the worse..

sherie
10-11-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by modF
Nice ;) I think I have tickets for the Flyers/Leafs game in December. I always like to see those teams play. The whole season is sold out here. Just tried to get tickets, not possible! Can u imagine...I went last year to 3 play off games last year. I am sure that I will have to get scalper tickets to go to any games this year or kiss some ass forsure!!

Evil Chris
10-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Sherie, here what they do is release the extra tickets for a couple weeks worth of games about a month in advance. So the chances of getting a seat at a game are pretty good. The lower, more expensive seats are almost impossible to get, however. The scalping system here in Montreal is very extensive indeed.

JTW
10-12-2002, 05:46 PM
The Lightning have been so bad for so long that we could routinely buy great tix from guys outside the arena for next to nothing. I mean we could get lower bowl on a blue line for like $20, unless they were playing a popular team.

People seem to think they will be better this year. I want to see them win, but I will sure miss those cheap tix.

BuggyG
10-12-2002, 05:55 PM
Yeah I heard about the new ruling again for hockey. They gonna be cracking down on the "roughing" etc..etc.. I mean ok sometimes there might be a tad just a little over the edge but the guy accidently bumpss into aother player and the ref blows his whistle. No, I can't see myself too much into it if the game gets stopped every 2 secs for it. But that's just me. I guess I'm just weird that way.

http://www.joinrightnow.com/images/advertising/join_120x60_b.gif (http://refer.ccbill.com/cgi-bin/clicks.cgi?CA=912732-0000&PA=347904&HTML=http://www.joinrightnow.com)