PDA

View Full Version : HTML sent to AOL, graphics not showing up but text only

dearXerex
09-25-2003, 12:05 AM
I had this code (portion) below:

src="www.sampleonly.com/logo.jpg" width="164" height="50" border="0" alt=" " (www.sampleonly.org" target="_blank)

and when sending to AOL email......the graphics are not showing up only the text.

And also when I remove the code 'alt = " " ' , the img scr link codes are displayed.

Any solution from the board, I appreciate very much.

:idea:

Mister X
09-25-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by dearXerex
I had this code (portion) below:

src="www.sampleonly.com/logo.jpg" width="164" height="50" border="0" alt=" " (www.sampleonly.org" target="_blank)

and when sending to AOL email......the graphics are not showing up only the text.

And also when I remove the code 'alt = " " ' , the img scr link codes are displayed.

Any solution from the board, I appreciate very much.

:idea: Well looking at that little snippet it seems that you are using vbcode for the url and you should be using html. Also I'm not sure if things have changed or not but AOL never used to fully support html in emails. And the target= portion of the url is useless in an email. I hope you're making optin emails and not spamming... lol. Maybe there is someone with more experience sending emails to AOL users around.

wsjb78
09-25-2003, 07:23 AM
I personally hate graphics in emails... even more so when they are loaded from a server!
I still have to find an option in Eudora to disable graphics!