PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Underworld?

Shann
09-28-2003, 01:25 AM
I saw it tonight and WHOA did it suck. Anyone have anything good to say about it? LOL Aside from the hot chick starring in it the the hot co star? :bonk:

Evil Chris
09-28-2003, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the review Shann... Funbrunette and I almost went to see it ourselves last night but we decided to stay in.

Looks sort of like "The Crow" from the trailers I've seen. What was so bad about it?

Shann
09-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Reminded me of the Crow b/c i saw them both at the drive in! lol

The leads in the movie were hotties, so a bonus on that. The concept was good, the execution poor. Non stop ridiculous werewolves (called lichens pardon my spelling) vs vampires, with hi-tech weapons a lot of it unexplained as to how they were obtained, like daylight in a bullet... ????.

The movie was basically a lead in to a sequel. I had to force myself to stay awake. My daughter thought it sucked too, so it wasn't just me lol

I like vampire movies, Interview with a Vampire, Queen of the Damned, Blade (first one) but these seemed just boring. Only a couple "WHOA" scenes and that was that.

THIS is why i never see movies, i prefer pay per view and DVD rentals! lol

Joshua
09-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Thanks for the review Shann... Funbrunette and I almost went to see it ourselves last night but we decided to stay in.

Looks sort of like "The Crow" from the trailers I've seen. What was so bad about it? Chris, if she says it's bad it's gotta KICK ASS!! :D

Dwreck
09-29-2003, 10:49 AM
The soundtrack has nice nice gems on it.

Some nice colloborations from filter/nin/limpbizkit's former guitar player.

I killer remix of weak and powerless from A perfect circle it's rawkin!

to bad the movie sucked!

razoractive
09-29-2003, 10:56 AM
I just saw the movie last night and it kicked ass! The acting was great and let me remind you that one of the key actors was Canadian, storyline,special effects & costumes were awesome.

The movie does not have a dull moment...I give the movie 4 Stars.

Razoractive ( Ray )

Aim: Razoractive

Horg
09-30-2003, 11:24 PM
This movie could have been SO much cooler if they didn't make it so that every dumb teenager understands the story without thinking about it. The setting is really nice. Vampires and werewolves have been ennemies for quite some time (just remember the old Dracula VS The Werewolf movies), but have not been seen on the big screen for a while. The execution was very neat too, nice battle scenes, cool characters (at least in the first 2 dimensions), etc. The movie just took some boring turn at some point when the pathetic love story gets in place and when we learn what the evil master plan is. They tried to make it complicated but instead made it stupid. I would have much prefered to see an exercise in style where they would have focused on making a great action movie instead of trying to put some evil master plan in the lot and change the "rules" of vampires and werewolves. It would have been so cool to just see some action battle sequences between vampires and werewolves without all the sentimental mumbo jumbo, the very previsible treachery and the like. I have to admit I liked the main vilain's motivations (but who's good and who's bad in that movie anyway). I personally did not really like the music, it didn't do anything to me. But it was nice to not hear stupid heavy-techno-rap-metal all the time, some traditionnal movie music is always welcome I think :)