PDA

View Full Version : 2257 compliant

Jal36
10-01-2003, 03:36 PM
I have a website under a AVS and I have purchase some pictures from Ounique, Inc. and the have the 2257 complinant and said that it is okay to put my name as Custodian of Records: and to leave their address. Which page do I put the complaint on the beginning of the site or just at the gallery section, or should I oput it on every page I have?:confused:

jact
10-01-2003, 03:49 PM
Why you would even consider putting your name and their address is beyond me. That's just asking for legal trouble. Use their custodian information as provided, or use yourself if you want to take it upon yourself to be the custodian of records. I will advise you it is better to go with their custodian, as that is their job and they know the requirements.

You should really ocnsider a consultation with a lawyer regarding this matter, have a look at
http://www.xxxlaw.net/ I'm sure they'd be more then willing to help you with your needs.

AaronM
10-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by jact
Why you would even consider putting your name and their address is beyond me. That's just asking for legal trouble. Use their custodian information as provided, or use yourself if you want to take it upon yourself to be the custodian of records. I will advise you it is better to go with their custodian, as that is their job and they know the requirements.

You should really ocnsider a consultation with a lawyer regarding this matter, have a look at
http://www.xxxlaw.net/ I'm sure they'd be more then willing to help you with your needs.

What he said.

LadyMischief
10-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by AaronM
What he said.

What he said about what he said.

Ounique
10-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone,

We have a note in our FAQ section on this. We provide all the necessary 2257 documents with all content. A client can either list themselves as the Custodian of Records or they can list us. It is fine either way with us. As far as the other questions go, it is a good idea to consult a lawyer about legal matters like this. I can help you find great content and make your content buying a pleasant experience, but I would never try to give legal advise. :)