PDA

View Full Version : Google Page Rank

Mister X
10-04-2003, 08:53 PM
So everyone seems to be talking about the Google PR all the time. I finally got around to installing the toolbar and I checked a few things out. Now I'm wondering... what is considered a "good" PR? Our 2 main sites rank at 4 and out of a dozen or so other paysites I checked that seems to be about the average. The highest I found was 5 on a couple sites and the lowest was 3. I only checked some well established sites in addition to my own. Surprisingly BrunoB only has a PR of 3. I'm guessing it might be because he doesn't have an enter page but I could be wrong about that.

Among non-pay sites the Hun and Shemp both rank at 6. In comparison our little tgp has a 4.

So is PR actually any damn good at all?

the New Shemp
10-04-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Mister X
So everyone seems to be talking about the Google PR all the time. I finally got around to installing the toolbar and I checked a few things out. Now I'm wondering... what is considered a "good" PR? Our 2 main sites rank at 4 and out of a dozen or so other paysites I checked that seems to be about the average. The highest I found was 5 on a couple sites and the lowest was 3. I only checked some well established sites in addition to my own. Surprisingly BrunoB only has a PR of 3. I'm guessing it might be because he doesn't have an enter page but I could be wrong about that.

Among non-pay sites the Hun and Shemp both rank at 6. In comparison our little tgp has a 4.

So is PR actually any damn good at all?

When we went from a 4 to a 5 to a 6, i dont recall my income going up any :)

Mpegmaster
10-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Its just not about PR

You have to configure your site for good keywords too!
Then you might have some success!

the New Shemp
10-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Mpegmaster
Its just not about PR

You have to configure your site for good keywords too!
Then you might have some success!

Thank you, i'd like to make a few hundred a month doing this.

Magnus3x
10-05-2003, 01:47 PM
Thank you, i'd like to make a few hundred a month doing this.

LMAO..

Shemp.. hey if you ever need a couple of bucks let me know..don't hesitate.

You coming to Van for Webmaster Summit..? I'de really like to raid someones mini bar with you again.

the New Shemp
10-05-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Magnus3x
LMAO..

Shemp.. hey if you ever need a couple of bucks let me know..don't hesitate.

You coming to Van for Webmaster Summit..? I'de really like to raid someones mini bar with you again.

hehe, yes i hope to be there for a day or two.
that minibar was in my room, although i didnt spend much time in there :)

Magnus3x
10-05-2003, 02:28 PM
that minibar was in my room, although i didnt spend much time in there
:D

Mister X
10-06-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by the New Shemp
When we went from a 4 to a 5 to a 6, i dont recall my income going up any :) Hehe. Exactly what I was wondering. :D

Panky
10-06-2003, 01:25 PM
The Google Toolbar ranks a page on a scale from 0-10. So a score of 4 simply means the page ranks in the 40% of all pages in that particular category. The trick is, a page could be in the upper 4, almost a 5, or in the lower 4.

They could have a good pagerank using the Google Toolbar, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have a high rank in the actual search engine listings. Sometimes pages are displayed with a Google Toolbar pagerank that have not actually been indexed in Google yet.

Google has 3 main data centers. www.google.com , www2.google.com, and www3.google.com. Depending on which data center you use, the results in the Google Toolbar can differ.

Google Toolbar is still a good tool, but it does have it's ups and downs. It's just simply a tool. It's only one tiny factor in the whole link exchange, page rank, SEO thing. Everytime the Google Dance occurs, the Google Toolbar results will also change. It's just a guide. It's not the "Holy Grail" of SEO.