PDA

View Full Version : NHL Season!

Evil Chris
10-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Starts tomorrow! I am stoked!
GO LEAFS! :D

Everyone in the Webmasters hockey pool, remember to look at your pool before tomorrow night.

GrimShawn
10-07-2003, 09:54 PM
I wanted to get in but waited to long damn me!

If anyone does not want there team hit me up!

Diva
10-07-2003, 10:11 PM
I didn't join the pool, good to luck to those who did.

I am a Leaf fan, so GO LEAFS GO!!!!

GoodChris
10-07-2003, 10:12 PM
go HABS go!

dyonisus
10-07-2003, 10:39 PM
Gotta love those leafs!!
great season for proline!

Evil Chris
10-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Good Chris... you know this board is full of Leafs fans!

(but I do like the Habs as well)

wsjb78
10-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Go Leafs Go...
Ok, I only said this because I don't know any other NHL team :D and one should be supported

sherie
10-08-2003, 10:59 AM
w00t! w00t!

I am so excited I tells ya!!

3 more sleeps and I will be at the game!! I can't wait!!

I should do pretty damn good in my hockey pool too!!

swoop
10-08-2003, 04:11 PM
No Flyer fans???

Where the hell are you modF???

Chr1isme
10-08-2003, 04:12 PM
I'm Probably the only LA KINGS fan here lol but they have a kick ass chance at winning the cup this year!

..... GO KINGS GO

Cpak
10-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Go Anahaem GO!!!!!!

swoop
10-08-2003, 07:48 PM
OUCH! John LeClair is out 2-4 weeks while taking a slapshot to the foot in practice. :mad:

The only good thing about this is they don't award Lord Stanley to anyone in November.

Chr1isme
10-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Cpak
Go Anahaem GO!!!!!!

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Funbrunette
10-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by GoodChris
go HABS go!

I knew I should of married you! :laughout:

GoodChris
10-08-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
I knew I should of married you! :laughout:

Yeah then BOTH of us would be getting laid right now :bonk:

GoodChris
10-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Good Chris... you know this board is full of Leafs fans!

(but I do like the Habs as well)

Bro, I know you are paying 5 cents per go leafs post, the gigs up!

(btw, can't wait til we hit a leafs hab game this year, last year was a blast :)

tornell
10-09-2003, 03:28 AM
Satan is The BEST!:D

Cpak
10-09-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by tornell
Satan is The BEST!:D
Satan is good player but not as S.Fedorov... :)

Evil Chris
10-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Anaheim didn't open up too well last night though.... :rolleyes:

Ronaldo
10-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Anaheim didn't open up too well last night though.... :rolleyes:
Anaheim will be lucky to make the playoffs this year.

Cpak
10-09-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Ronaldo
Anaheim will be lucky to make the playoffs this year.

Where were Leafs in the last playoffs....

Ronaldo
10-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Where were Leafs in the last playoffs....
Hey Foolio, if you think you're insulting me with this lame ass attempt, think again. I hate the Leafs more than ANY team in the NHL.

Sadly for you though, your team sucks too.

modF
10-10-2003, 01:53 PM
There looks to be a few good games this weekend already. God I love this season :)

sherie
10-10-2003, 02:26 PM
One more sleep!! w00t! w00t!!

Oceansmedia J
10-10-2003, 03:43 PM
I'm a Canuks fan and i'm cheering my ass off for them, but it doesn't look good for us this year with Colorodo's stacked team...they've got serious talent this year....shitty for us...

Cpak
10-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Hey Foolio, if you think you're insulting me with this lame ass attempt, think again. I hate the Leafs more than ANY team in the NHL.

Sadly for you though, your team sucks too.

Oh sorry , my wise master...
Now I see that you realy understand something in this game....

And you should look at my team at the finish of the season, ANA have a lot of young players that will be still fresh at finish of the regular tournament...

Ronaldo
10-13-2003, 01:53 AM
Oh sorry , my wise master...
Now I see that you realy understand something in this game....

And you should look at my team at the finish of the season, ANA have a lot of young players that will be still fresh at finish of the regular tournament...
Hey, nothing wrong with being a homer, but have some common sense.

You lost the heart and soul of your team when Kariya left, and replaced him with an overpaid whiner who does NOTHING after signing a big contract. Federov will be content to float for the next 3 years with nothing to prove and no hope of going anywhere in the playoffs.

Consider the lineup in Detroit he had to back his ass up. Anaheim's lineup doesn't come close. Sergei is front and center to produce, but with no incentive, don't hold your breath. Every line on Detroit was a threat to score so defenders couldn't focus on just one. In Anaheim, put your best checker on Federov and the Ducks will fade away.

Jesus, I just went and did a lineup check on these guys. Who are they? Look objectively at this lineup and you see a bunch of overrated castoffs from other teams such as Ozolinsh, Prospal and Niedermayer. I could go on, but you get the point.

If you don't think Giguere and the Ducks overachieved in the playoffs last year, than you're just cheering for your favorite team and truly know nothing about hockey. Or, like all the Leafs fans on this board, they think with their hearts and not their heads (Couldn't leave you guys out y'know :D). Like I said, nothing wrong with that, but if you wish to get into a debate about hockey knowledge my friend, you're in over your head.

The Ducks had the lowest goals scored by all playoff teams last year except Minnesota. Then they let their highest scoring player go and replace him with one that's a shell of what he used to be? Good luck.

Yes, you have a young team who's legs will be fresh at year's end, but at year's end, they'll be looking up in the standings at least 6 other teams.

Hmm. So far they're looking up at EVERYBODY I see. 3 games, 3 losses. 2 total goals scored. Sergei's rocking so far too I see, with one assist in 3 games and a -3 rating. Am I the only one who saw this a one of the worst signings in the offseason?

Thread bookmarked for revival at season's end.

McAttack
10-13-2003, 01:39 PM
*ahem*

What a powerful offense the Maple Leafs have. Wow, they impressed me so much in getting shut out by the habs on Saturday. Sherie, hope you didn't get your hopes up too high. :D

Cpak
10-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Hey, nothing wrong with being a homer, but have some common sense.

You lost the heart and soul of your team when Kariya left, and replaced him with an overpaid whiner who does NOTHING after signing a big contract. Federov will be content to float for the next 3 years with nothing to prove and no hope of going anywhere in the playoffs.

Consider the lineup in Detroit he had to back his ass up. Anaheim's lineup doesn't come close. Sergei is front and center to produce, but with no incentive, don't hold your breath. Every line on Detroit was a threat to score so defenders couldn't focus on just one. In Anaheim, put your best checker on Federov and the Ducks will fade away.

Jesus, I just went and did a lineup check on these guys. Who are they? Look objectively at this lineup and you see a bunch of overrated castoffs from other teams such as Ozolinsh, Prospal and Niedermayer. I could go on, but you get the point.

If you don't think Giguere and the Ducks overachieved in the playoffs last year, than you're just cheering for your favorite team and truly know nothing about hockey. Or, like all the Leafs fans on this board, they think with their hearts and not their heads (Couldn't leave you guys out y'know :D). Like I said, nothing wrong with that, but if you wish to get into a debate about hockey knowledge my friend, you're in over your head.

The Ducks had the lowest goals scored by all playoff teams last year except Minnesota. Then they let their highest scoring player go and replace him with one that's a shell of what he used to be? Good luck.

Yes, you have a young team who's legs will be fresh at year's end, but at year's end, they'll be looking up in the standings at least 6 other teams.

Hmm. So far they're looking up at EVERYBODY I see. 3 games, 3 losses. 2 total goals scored. Sergei's rocking so far too I see, with one assist in 3 games and a -3 rating. Am I the only one who saw this a one of the worst signings in the offseason?

Thread bookmarked for revival at season's end.

About Fedorov...
He will enter better in ANA game , he is a strong defensive forward that can score he proved it in the past.
Yes Karia is a good sniper but no more... His defensive game is no so good.

About all other...
Start of the season is up to the preseason loads, one time loads more and other less, but the result will appear...
You will see it at the end of the season...

And don't think that you understand in this game more than all...

P.S Ozolinsh it's one of the greatest atacking defenders of the NHL...

Ronaldo
10-13-2003, 08:17 PM

P.S Ozolinsh it's one of the greatest atacking defenders of the NHL...
He is also the defenseman in the NHL most prone to brutal mental errors and defensive mistakes, hence his banishment from four other teams.

As I said, thread bookmarked till the end of the year.

Then we'll see who knows what and who's simply a homer.

Chr1isme
10-13-2003, 08:51 PM
incase anyone cares Kings won both their games this weekend :D

Ronaldo
01-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Past the halfway mark. Let's see where we are.

How's it looking for the Mighty Ducks? Not too good.

1. Colorado 63
2. Detroit 62
3. San Jose 59
4. Vancouver 61
5. St. Louis 57
6. Nashville 54
7. Calgary 53
8. Los Angeles 51
---------------------
9. Dallas 50
10. Minnesota 48
11. Edmonton 47
12. Phoenix 47
13. Anaheim 41
14. Columbus 36
15. Chicago 34

How about Sergei?

About the same I'd say. Actually, upon closer inspection, I'd say even worse. On pace for his worst season in the league. Both defensively and offensively.

GP G A Pts +/- PIM
Year to date: 47 16 15 31 -9 22
On Pace: 77 26 24 51 -15 36

Evil Chris
01-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Just showing the Western Conference Ron?

Here's the eastern...
1. * Toronto 49 63
2. * Philadelphia 48 59
3. * Tampa Bay 46 51
4. Ottawa 47 60
5. Boston 48 58
6. New Jersey 46 57
7. Montreal 48 56
8. NY Islanders 47 49
9. Atlanta 48 48
10. NY Rangers 47 47
11. Carolina 48 43
12. Florida 48 43
13. Buffalo 48 42
14. Washington 48 35
15. Pittsburgh 48 30

Oh do I love to see the Leafs ON TOP BABY! :D

GoodChris
01-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Too Bad Montreal is gonna CRUSH the Leafs on Saturday night!:smoker:

fatbaby
01-22-2004, 06:39 PM
It's gonna be the Wings.... they are just hitting their stride ;)

Kris
01-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by fatbaby
It's gonna be the Wings.... they are just hitting their stride ;)
well, my stars suck this year... can't put anything together. glad to see i was right about those mighty ducks being a fluke last year.

is hatcher back for the wings yet?

i was watching the avs the other night... i think they look pretty good. haven't had time to watch as much hockey as i'd like this year, so i haven't seen too many teams.

leafs will crumble ;)

Ronaldo
01-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Kris
glad to see i was right about those mighty ducks being a fluke last year.

leafs will crumble ;)
Haha, hey everyone.

Here's someone who knows something about hockey :xthumbs:

swoop
01-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Just showing the Western Conference Ron?

Here's the eastern...
1. * Toronto 49 63
2. * Philadelphia 48 59
3. * Tampa Bay 46 51
4. Ottawa 47 60
5. Boston 48 58
6. New Jersey 46 57
7. Montreal 48 56
8. NY Islanders 47 49
9. Atlanta 48 48
10. NY Rangers 47 47
11. Carolina 48 43
12. Florida 48 43
13. Buffalo 48 42
14. Washington 48 35
15. Pittsburgh 48 30

Oh do I love to see the Leafs ON TOP BABY! :D

wait till the Flyers beat the Rangers tonite. We'll be back up on top shortly.

fatbaby
01-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Kris
well, my stars suck this year... can't put anything together. glad to see i was right about those mighty ducks being a fluke last year.

is hatcher back for the wings yet?

i was watching the avs the other night... i think they look pretty good. haven't had time to watch as much hockey as i'd like this year, so i haven't seen too many teams.

leafs will crumble ;)

Unfortunately, Hatcher is not back yet... and there are still a few injuries that should be over before we are too long into the second half... The Wings have been doing a good job of shuffling new people in and out from the farm team, and they have been performing pretty damn good... its nice to see they have talent lined up for the massive retirements I see looming in the future....

Evil Chris
01-23-2004, 09:31 AM
What's with all the Leaf hatin? ::-| LOL

Kris, it's too bad about Dallas. They came out of the gates pretty strong and Guerin was looking to have a stellar year. Then Modano went into a slump, Lehtinen got hurt and he's not back 100% yet it seems.

dyonisus
01-23-2004, 10:49 AM
This wknds Toronto Montreal game should be good, the closest they have been in a race for lead in a long time... I am looking forward to some good hockey!

GoodChris
01-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Montreal VS. Toronto - Classic Matchup -

The only problem I have with tomorrows nights game is the following.

Montreal is playing NJ tonight IN NJ which means they will not get a full practice (if any) before the leaf game.

Toronto on the other hand (pussies), have not played since Wednesday night and will be well rested and will have had time to practice Montreals system -

So, we have 2 negatives against Montreal for Saturdays Game.

Were still gonna win anyway tho ..heheehehehehhahahaha

Leafs will Fall ::-|

Kris
01-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Haha, hey everyone.

Here's someone who knows something about hockey :xthumbs:

is this a sarcastic remark?

Ronaldo
01-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Nope, not at all.

I, like you new last year was a fluke for Anahemi. I Predicted Anaheim having trouble making the playoffs and we all know that the Leafs will crumble.

Kris
01-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Nope, not at all.

I, like you new last year was a fluke for Anahemi. I Predicted Anaheim having trouble making the playoffs and we all know that the Leafs will crumble.

ok, read it funny. :) i was reading your post on the first page about anaheim looking up to everyone else w/ their "fresh" team at the end of the year. nice call

Wenchy
01-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Dayum... a whole board full of hockey fans!! I like all the Canadian teams (Leafs the best), but my real hockey heart belongs to my hometown Avs. Abby has proved he can fill Patrick's shoes, we've got everybody back from early-season injuries (let's not talk about Pete's groin! UGH), and we're on top at the halfway point. WOOHOO... I LOVE this game! :D

Ronaldo
01-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Wenchy
Dayum... a whole board full of hockey fans!! I like all the Canadian teams (Leafs the best), but my real hockey heart belongs to my hometown Avs. Abby has proved he can fill Patrick's shoes, we've got everybody back from early-season injuries (let's not talk about Pete's groin! UGH), and we're on top at the halfway point. WOOHOO... I LOVE this game! :D
Hey, I love Colorado but don't put Aebischer up there quite yet.

Playoff hockey is quite different from regular season hockey.

Jesus, if playoff hockey counted for something, the LEAFS wouldn't be a bad team :nuts:

dyonisus
01-23-2004, 11:38 PM
The leafs are well rested, but after last weekends outing against Philli, I believe not only should they be studying Montreals game during this time off, but also seriously thinking about not blowing the chance at a cup this season as they've done so many times before

LEAFS RULE they will take it ALL!!!
:cool:

Wenchy
01-24-2004, 05:42 AM
Hey, I love Colorado but don't put Aebischer up there quite yet.

Playoff hockey is quite different from regular season hockey.

Jesus, if playoff hockey counted for something, the LEAFS wouldn't be a bad team :nuts:

I have no doubt that Pierre Lacroix will make damned sure we get a veteran goalie signed before the trading deadline, not to take Aebischer's place, but to back him up in the playoffs. I can be honest enough to acknowledge that Abby and Sauve aren't ready to handle the playoffs and run for the cup by themselves. But I also don't think Pierre Lacroix or Coach Granato would slap Abby in the face after the season he's had by just outright replacing him either.

Time will tell.... :)

Ronaldo
04-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Cpak? Seeeepaaaack? Are you out there?

Care to read this thread over this again and offer up props to someone other than your team? Namely ME!

The only thing I was wrong about at the start of this season about Anaheim was HOW bad they would be. I thought they might at least contend for a playoff spot. Whoa, was I wrong. But, not as wrong as YOU.

My playoff predictions? While it IS possible we'll see an all-Canadian cup final in Ottawa VS Vancouver, it's far more likely we'll see Ottawa VS either Detroit or Dallas.

P.S. Yes folks, the Leafs will STILL crumble. PROBABLY out after one round, but definitely out by the second. Big changes coming for the Leafs in the off-season, with or without a lockout.

(Thread still bookmarked to laugh at the Leafs boosters)

Evil Chris
04-05-2004, 11:48 AM
(Thread still bookmarked to laugh at the Leafs boosters) Let's see if you ressurect this thread after the Leafs beat the Sens, Ron! ;)

Ronaldo
04-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Let's see if you ressurect this thread after the Leafs beat the Sens, Ron! ;)
I can take it as well as dish it out, so on the off-chance the Sens lose this series I'll bump it and take my lumps.

Notice I didn't say the Leafs WIN, because the Sens WILL have to LOSE it. It surely won't be Toronto winning the series.

:cool:

GoodChris
04-05-2004, 12:55 PM
LEAFS SUCK MP3 (http://www.leatherbucks.com/mapleleafs.mp3)

AdultLegal-Jim
04-05-2004, 01:27 PM
None of this Leafs, Canadiens, Senators talk really matters

Bruins are coming out of the East

and I have the right to change my mind depending on what they are not telling us about Joe Thorntons "Upper Body Injury" Rumor around boston in ats the same injury that Samsonov had last season when he missed all but like 12 games

I say its the playoffs, put a cast on that thing and play

GoodChris
04-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by AdultLegal-Jim
None of this Leafs, Canadiens, Senators talk really matters

Bruins are coming out of the East

and I have the right to change my mind depending on what they are not telling us about Joe Thorntons "Upper Body Injury" Rumor around boston in ats the same injury that Samsonov had last season when he missed all but like 12 games

I say its the playoffs, put a cast on that thing and play

Jim, wheres my damn Jersey!

When the Canadiens take you guys out in the first round, I would like to have my bruins Jersey handy.... I wanna wash my car with it before I go out to celebrate :)

AdultLegal-Jim
04-05-2004, 01:37 PM
if they win send me your address jim at adultlegal dot com and I'll hook you up

tell me if you want anything on it too :-) but if you're washing cars your getting the replica no the authentic!

GoodChris
04-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by AdultLegal-Jim
if they win send me your address jim at adultlegal dot com and I'll hook you up

tell me if you want anything on it too :-) but if you're washing cars your getting the replica no the authentic!

Hhahahaha.... good one :) :xthumbs:

SKULL
04-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Lets go Islanders :skull:

Evil Chris
04-05-2004, 01:59 PM
I don't understand all the Leaf hatin'...
Jealousy I guess. :p

gnat69
04-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Looking forward to the Maple Leafs bringing the cup home :thanks:

Ronaldo
04-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by gnat69
Looking forward to the Maple Leafs bringing the cup home :thanks:
Well, I hope you're a young guy who lives a LONG, healthy life, so it happens in your lifetime.