PDA

View Full Version : I need to pick your brains...

twinkley
10-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Hi Guys,

I need some brains to pick for idea's on a new project I'm working on.

When you go to look at resource listings, what information do you want to see at a glance? What information do you look for in programs?

Not just sponsors, but content, designers, processors, hosting - you name it. If you had 100 different programs staring you in the face, what differences would you want to see listed in order to make a decision on who to click on and sign up for?

Thanks for your help!

Tobbe
10-15-2002, 12:58 PM
Good reputation?.
Do They Shave ?
Does the sites look good?

And more...

Evil Chris
10-15-2002, 01:48 PM
If I'm a gallery builder, and I want to build a gallery based on a certain niche, I go to a resource looking for what sponsors have sites in that particular niche so that I can promote it.
How's that for an example? :)

twinkley
10-15-2002, 02:54 PM
Already on the list Chris!

This is what I have so far for sponsor programs. It varies with content,design,hosting, processing etc. but you get the idea....

Name
URL
Contact
Program Type
In Biz Since
Payout Amount
Type of Sites
Number of sites
Free Content
Stats Info:
Free Trials
Payout Date(s)

Can you guys think of anything else?

twinkley

modF
10-15-2002, 10:11 PM
A bit obscure, but how about hosted galleries?

Darin
10-15-2002, 11:58 PM
Hosted galleries for sure, probably would fit in content, so perhaps break up content a bit more.

1. Hosted rotating galleries
2. Payout on exit traffic
3. If they offer a webmaster referral program

and something odd, but might help, the name or nick of the person who owns/runs the program.

for example, the name could really help since people notice programs by the owner.. Oz, Roger, etc.. people attach names to trust and reputation in the biz, it may hurt in some cases but isn't that the point?

:)

barryf
10-16-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by twinkley
Already on the list Chris!

This is what I have so far for sponsor programs. It varies with content,design,hosting, processing etc. but you get the idea....

Name
URL
Contact
Program Type
In Biz Since
Payout Amount
Type of Sites
Number of sites
Free Content
Stats Info:
Free Trials
Payout Date(s)

Can you guys think of anything else?

twinkley

Show it in table format instead of a list, so webmasters can easily find programs with the desired attributes, and so they can quickly see the differences between different programs.

B