PDA

View Full Version : Google PR ?

stich
10-13-2003, 05:41 PM
How is everyones pr on google? Right now mine stinks :confused: Someone told me to make a links page or link to as many sites as possible, but they also say that if the site does not rank higher than mine do not link because it will only hurt me.

Anybody have thoughts on this??

I also need to optimise my site, meta tags and key words, found this site www.prosubmitinc.com , would this be good?? your thoughts please.

Thanks in advance

Panky
10-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Relevant linking is the key. You want to link to sites that have the same content or related content of your site. You want to link with sites that have the same PR as yours or better. Remember too, that everytime Google does the "Dance", PR of sites will change also.

Optimize your site for the engines. There's plenty of articles and tutorials around to guide you, or you can hire out to get the job done. Research and read up on SEO before you do it yourself or hire out.

stich
10-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Panky
Relevant linking is the key. You want to link to sites that have the same content or related content of your site. You want to link with sites that have the same PR as yours or better. Remember too, that everytime Google does the "Dance", PR of sites will change also.

Optimize your site for the engines. There's plenty of articles and tutorials around to guide you, or you can hire out to get the job done. Research and read up on SEO before you do it yourself or hire out.

Thank You Panky, I will check around.

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
10-15-2003, 06:33 AM
Listen to Panky ... Babygirl knows her shit !

IF you want proof, go to google and type in 'PAYSITE' without the quotes

I'm at a solid #2 ... for 5 months now ... and also used to be #5 until the bafoon from RealDoll submitted a GAZILLION non-relevant doorway pages ... Frankly I am surprised that they have not been bitchslapped into oblivion yet :mad:

Now click on the link, and go visit my site ( www.paysitedesign.com ) about <h1> XXX Adult Web Design, Banners, Logos and Graphics</h1> and see my PR4 :D

Ahhhhhh !! The small things that we derive pleasure from.

THANKS BABY !! LUV YA !!:luv:

stich
10-15-2003, 08:54 PM
Thank You Hungryman I will, and about these doorway pages, does google allow this?

Panky
10-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Many people refer to doorway pages, gateway pages, and hallway pages when they speak of SEO techniques.

The term "doorway page" has gotten a bad rap amongst some SEO experts. There's great debates between using the term "doorway page" vs. "search engine friendly" page.

Doorway pages refer to optimizing a page to rank well in search engines. These pages act like an entrance to your main site. Many surfers may not find your site by clicking the main URL. They may enter your site through a page that is optimized for a particular keyword or keyphrase.

"Doorway, gateway, and hallway" pages became well known as a SEO technique. The problem was, people were building pages that were designed for the sole purpose of ranking well in the engines and were not designed for the benefit of the surfer.

"Search engine friendly" or "information" pages are two terms commonly used amongst SEO experts. These pages are designed much like doorway pages in the respect that they act as an entrance to your site, but they still are very different from each other.

Search engine friendly or information pages are built by a human for human viewing. Doorway pages are commonly generated by computer scripts or software.

Information pages/search engine friendly pages generally resemble the color scheme and layout of the main site. Doorway pages are ugly and mostly just text.

Information/search engine friendly pages are keyword rich, but written for the benefit of the surfer. To entice the surfer to visit your site. They provide some kind of benefit for the surfer. Doorway pages are keyword rich, but they usually contain a bunch of useless text that does nothing but display words on a page.

Doorway pages are often cloaked. Meaning the page the surfer views is not the page the search engine reads. Search engine friendly/information pages are never cloaked.

Doorway pages often break the rules of what is acceptable for the search engines. They tend to contain hidden text, keyword stuffing and/or keyword stacking techniques, they are not built to benefit the surfer, cloaking techniques,... Search engine friendly/information sites are designed with spider food, but provide actual content that benefits the surfer.

radicalx
10-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Hey Stich ;-)

I don't know if this will help ya!!

When building pages for the se's the first thing I do is do a bit of research for the relative keyword I'm going to target!! I look to see how many times it get's searched for etc!!

Then when I go to build my page I start with the directory - then title tag - description - keywords. The on the actual page I use a lot of h1 to h4 tages targetting the specific keyword and a lot of text (at least 250 words but not spamming or over repeating the keyword)!! Also remember to stick keywords into title tags fro linking and alt tags for images!

Google loves content, also as Pandy says relative linking does help! do a search in google for your spefific keywords and the sites with a PR ranking of 4 or higher hit them an e-mail to see if they want to swap links etc!!

I hope it helps ya a bit buddy ;-)

stich
10-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Hey, Thanks that sounds like allot of usefull info. I would have never thought of all this stuff, you folks must have been in this buisiness for awhile ay, sounds great! :)

hyatla
10-17-2003, 08:05 PM
It's great to read all this information. Now I know why my site jump around google sometimes at 25 and sometimes 30. :(

My yahoo pr is always 2, which is good, considering my site is only up for 2 months, and I am such a rookie in web design and seo. I think for Yahoo, contents count-they sometimes have people look it over, and my site has different ranking in different regions--I like yahoo in the aspect. I wonder why google is dominating, google has so many cheating and dead links.

Just my 2 cents.

hyatla
10-17-2003, 08:07 PM
oops, my site is on the first page of yahoo now for some keywords. Cool! I love yahoo!

hyatla
10-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Oh, yeah! 1st page on google too! I never knew, since I seldom search my site. So what I said in previous post may be wrong, since I found both yahoo and google showed the similar results--I guess Yahoo is still using google.

Sorry if I sound too much like a newbie. :whore:

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
10-18-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by stich
Thank You Hungryman I will, and about these doorway pages, does google allow this?

No they do not allow pages such as these ... but I guess they have not caught my friend (*cough cough*) from REALDOLL yet.

A "search engine friendly" page MUST have obvious relevance to the page it leads too, and must be human friendly also ... I list of keywords is NOT search engine friendly.

radicalx
10-21-2003, 10:06 AM
Ello again all ;-)

Here's some useful tools that might be useful for ya's!

http://gritechnologies.com/tools/spider.go

The above shows how your site might look in google, its a very useful tool and might help people with the search engines!!

http://googledance.seochat.com/

This tool checks all the google data centers to see if your site has been picked up by google!

I hope these help people ;-)