PDA

View Full Version : icqpro2003b released

Evil Chris
11-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Well I was having big problems with my ICQ yet again.
I had icqpro2003a installed, and due to the number of contacts I had, the thing kept crashing on me again and again.

I went to icq.com to see what the current version was, and I was happy to see icqpro2003b had just been released. Apparently many bugs have been fixed in this release. Plus, there are some cool new options as well.

So far... it's running smooth.

Odie
11-10-2003, 03:06 PM
I use Icq lite and it's much better than icqpro:D

Seven888
11-10-2003, 03:16 PM
cool, will check it out :)

wsjb78
11-10-2003, 04:23 PM
I don't like the b version... I can't turn it add-free anymore... or at least I haven't found out so far...

What are the new options in there?

Anyway, I mainly use Trillian anyway :)

Platinum Doug
11-10-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Odie
I use Icq lite and it's much better than icqpro:D

But lite won't keep a history for you . . . how can you function without that?!?!? I'd be dead in the water.

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: <---- I love these!

Magnus3x
11-10-2003, 04:28 PM
I have never had a problem with any version of ICQ.. but I keep hearing about it.. so now I'm too paro to download anything new.

Shoot me some feedback on it.

Phoenix
11-10-2003, 04:28 PM
yeah i dont like to update my icq..i actually had to get an older version to get mine to work again

magnatique
11-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Good stuff... maybe it'll fix this damn thing...

am like ya chris... we got too many people on our list ;)

ever since I went to the 700 limit (or is it 600, don't remmember)

I can't add anyone new... I have to use go.icq.com, and that only works on a blue moon's night.

Evil Chris
11-11-2003, 09:08 AM
Yeah the limit is 600, but it will let you add a few more than that depending on the circumstances, but with a contact list that long things really start to bog down once your history files get too big, and that's where you start running into problems no matter what version of ICQ you're running.

ICQ says more enhancements/bug fixes are coming for the new B version, and I'll install whatever seems to be a good add-on. For now I have the ads to deal with but it's not a very big deal. The new interface is slightly different and more customizable than ever. It's worth trying.

Mystery Man
11-11-2003, 10:47 AM
If you guys need to fasten up your ICQ then do the following go into your icq folder should be something like c:/program files/icq
you will now see two files called youruin.idx youruin.dat

create a folder called backup

copy those 2 files into it

Then delete them from the icq folder.

Restart ICQ it will now be resetted and all ICQ history logs will be gone but you have backups of them so you can always import them again if you want simply by changing them back to the icq folder.

This will add a lot of speed to your ICQ especially if you have a lot of users in your list or a huge log file. Sometimes logs goes up to close to 100 megs and that really takes some ressources.

magnatique
11-11-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by magnatique
Good stuff... maybe it'll fix this damn thing...

am like ya chris... we got too many people on our list ;)

ever since I went to the 700 limit (or is it 600, don't remmember)

I can't add anyone new... I have to use go.icq.com, and that only works on a blue moon's night.

yeah... had that problem too... ICQ would no longer start... had some history back from 98... was always keeping everything ya know... making a backup before reinstalling, etc... then it wouldn't start... had to flush it all...

but now, the problem is, I went over 600... ever since, I have probs to add people..

I mean, I deleted about 50 one day to clear up some room... and there still was a bug...

one other common bug is if you have people on your 'awaiting authorization' you might want to delete them, it helps adding people ;)