PDA

View Full Version : Had anything from Acacia?

Paul Markham
11-15-2003, 06:25 AM
I now have a way to hit back at Acacia for all the packages, letters, emails and phone calls they have been sending us.

So if you received one of the above contact me by email paul@paulmarkham.com and I will forward it to the right people.

Give me as much info as you can, especially if the information that Acacia used to send to you was wrong in any way or if you are based in a country not covered by their patents or you do not have video or audio on your site.

We want to show they are sending these out untargeted without proof you are violating and that they are bulk mailing them.

Plus is this good news or what, at last they are waking up to these BS patents. (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=7&u=/nm/20031113/tc_nm/tech_patent_eolas_dc)

Keep bouncing the thread please.

wsjb78
11-15-2003, 08:29 AM
Good initiative Paul!
So far I have not heard anything of them but I don't use any video / audio on my sites.

Mister X
11-15-2003, 10:30 AM
I know that we got the package, as did a lot of other guys who are based in Canada. But there is the factor of our US incorporation to consider I guess in whether or not we fall under the jurisdiction of their "patent". Seeing as how Platinum Bucks ponied up for the license I suppose there is some question about that.

Paul Markham
11-15-2003, 10:42 AM
The mere fact that they were mailshotting companies in a country where the patent is not legal will make them look bad.

If they have a specificreason to mail you fine they should send it registered. If they are just sending it becasue you are on a mialing list it shows there methods. Emial me paul@paulmarkham.com