PDA

View Full Version : Key elements to successful designs AND other business ventures

Bruno Dickman
12-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Hi there boys and girls, how are you?

This could be interesting for some of you... :)

Many people said that already, but I will agree with all of you marketing freaks that Planning before designing is CRUCIAL to success. I wonīt go over the "Goal, Strategy and Tactics" stuff because AMP already gave some great insight to all of you about that.

AMPīs thread:
http://www.gofuckyourself.com/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=204508

My thoughts:

First hint: Read like a maniac. Get a clue! Kotler, Al Ries, Ansoff, Hooley, Tom Peters, Drucker and even the old Sun Tzu should be your best buddies. Doesnīt matter what you do in the business. You are in BUSINESS - and these guys are the jedi masters. If you donīt know what they are thinking and/or doing, you know nothing.

Second Hint: THINK LIKE THE SURFER. This is ultra underestimated. People donīt realize that you need to be good at role playing to get into the surferīs mind.

Third hint: Donīt whore yourself. You will end up getting overworked, underpaid and will never be able to spend enough to develop a good product to your clients/surfers.

Fourth hint: Long term Success includes some failures. Get over it. If you want to stay on the edge, you will miss the shot from time to time, so you need to be willing to redo something that didnīt work out. Innovation involves failures from time to time. Its OK to make mistakes. Making the same mistake twice is plain stupid though.

Fifth hint: Be paranoid or get eaten alive! You need to think about evolution all the time. You wanna be a winner? WORK WORK WORK - hard and smart. This is Intelīs philosophy. Someone else is always trying to get your spot, so you canīt stop running. Ever. Donīt get too comfortable. Never be too sure you are THE ONE. Its dangerous to be a comfortable leader- Be a business paranoid - its good for you!

Thats it. Never stop THINKING.

Take care and kind regards,

Bruno Dickman :xthumbs: