PDA

View Full Version : Dude, you're gettin fired...

Evil Chris
10-23-2002, 10:06 AM
I read this in Sexswap this morning...
Stephen, that Dell dude that has sold more computers than I care to imagine, is being shown the door.
http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/10/16/dude.dell/index.html

... and just when we were all starting to like him. :D

luke
10-23-2002, 10:12 AM
I could not be happier!

I HATE that DUDE!

gunner
10-23-2002, 10:20 AM
i would neve buy a Dell just because of that mo-mo.
Those commercials are the epitome of stupid.

modF
10-23-2002, 10:35 AM
I always thought they were funny. Just over the top enough to know that he was a goofball, yet I remembered the product.

Tobbe
10-23-2002, 11:11 AM
I Have always used dell computers!

Bree
10-23-2002, 11:14 AM
James and I could never figure out why Dell got such an idiot as their spokesperson...

but the Dell interns are not any better if you ask me... :bonk:

although the one commercial features Eric Wang who used to be on Star Trek Voyager.... He was cuter on STV though...

I've got a new Dell in transit to my house... just orfered a new laptop... altogether we have 6 Dells 4 laptops and 2 desktops.. lots for a house that typically builds every PC we've ever had... :rainbow:

ARiA
10-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by luke
I could not be happier!

I HATE that DUDE!

Those were my sentiments exactly!!
everytime that commercial would air I could feel my skin start to crawl.. but- he is only an actor. sorry about his bad news - I wish him the best- I just hope I dont have to see that "dude" and his crafty little catch phrase EVER again.
good riddens!:nitenite:

luke
10-23-2002, 11:30 AM
I have nothing against Dell, all the computers in our office are Dell's. I like them. I just can't stand that aggrivating little nerd. He's the kind of person I'd like to just knock out if I ever saw him. And I'm not a violent person at all.

Ok, time to go take a Valium. lol

Funbrunette
10-23-2002, 11:39 AM
I kinda liked the Dell DUDE...He was cute! :huh:

Darin
10-23-2002, 11:43 AM
He's an actor, and gets paid everytime one of those commercials plays.

You guys might like him or hate him, but hes laughing all the way to the bank.

That compaign did exactly what it was suppose to, engrave Dell in your brain.. and increase sales.

My hats off to the marketing people at Dell, maybe they got some tips from Budweiser :)

Bree
10-23-2002, 11:48 AM
He *did* last longer than the cow that did the Gateway commercials... that cow was prolly steak dinner for the GW VIPs already... :hungry:

ARiA
10-23-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Darin
He's an actor, and gets paid everytime one of those commercials plays.

You guys might like him or hate him, but hes laughing all the way to the bank.

That compaign did exactly what it was suppose to, engrave Dell in your brain.. and increase sales.

My hats off to the marketing people at Dell, maybe they got some tips from Budweiser :)

Yup :-) :xthumbs:

Cyndalie
10-23-2002, 12:31 PM
"Dude, You've got Fired"

Man I know the majority of America's comsumer public are fucking morons, but do they have to rub it in the faces of intelligent people as well. That shit was lame, I'm glad it's run its course. :bonk:

Phoenix
10-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I read this in Sexswap this morning...
Stephen, that Dell dude that has sold more computers than I care to imagine, is being shown the door.
http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/10/16/dude.dell/index.html

... and just when we were all starting to like him. :D

Typical Dell fashion if you ask me...thanks for making us millions, now please go fuck yourself and dont call us, we won't even refer you....

Dell is an evil Empire, beware DEll, buy Compaq...at least they used to be Canadian.

Cyndalie
10-23-2002, 12:32 PM
The day Apple hires a moron like that, I'm giving up on technology and humanity LOL

XXX
10-23-2002, 12:46 PM
DUDE! Apple sucks!

and so does that Dell character, ewwwww.

LadySharlot
10-23-2002, 02:52 PM
Hahahah--I thought he was charming. :D Spider hated him, I just thought he was a little "goofball" like modF stated. (Great word for him!! :) )

The one that makes both of OUR skin's crawl is that stupid kid on one of those car commercials. You know the one...the scary kid that whispers "zoom, zoom". **shudder** Makes you think he's got a big ol' machete behind his back!! AACCKK!! MAKE HIM GO AWAY!!!

hahahahha
Huggs!
Lady Sharlot :-)

PattyeCake
10-23-2002, 02:53 PM
I LOVE the dell Dude! don't care much for Dell computers.. and believe the new Dell Interns to be morons... actors yes, but morons nonetheless.....

If I were EVER to purchase a dell, it would be PURELY due to the Dell Dude!

Dude! Your getting a Dell! LMAO!! Love that Kid! :dancer:

Darin
10-23-2002, 02:58 PM
I think the new nerdy dell chick is cute. I'll watch all those commercials just to see her.

luke
10-23-2002, 03:20 PM
I haven't seen her. I'll have to keep an eye out for her. :D

Darin
10-23-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by luke
I haven't seen her. I'll have to keep an eye out for her. :D

Yeah, shes the smart one that always puts the guys in their place. The guys are dorks who work at Dell that don't realize that all the great ideas they come up with have already been done.

:D

Hashishan
10-23-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Bree
James and I could never figure out why Dell got such an idiot as their spokesperson...

maybe they wanted a spokesperson who represents the sort of people that the ads are directed toward

Sid
10-23-2002, 09:31 PM
I don't think I have seen him on french television

Sid

Bree
10-24-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Hashishan

maybe they wanted a spokesperson who represents the sort of people that the ads are directed toward

Guess they were trying to break down that "far away corporate" image they had as opposed to the "down home cows-home-on-the-range" feel good Gateway has always had with their cow colored boxes, etc...

Still a turn off for people who like Dells...

LadySharlot
10-24-2002, 04:18 PM
Ugh--I can't STAND that snotty intern bitch that they have on the Dell commercials now!! Sure, squash any and all creative idea's that people have--so that in the future, when they DO have a good idea, they'll never voice it for fear of sounding "Stupid".

I think MORE people should be able to think out loud without snotty bitches to downgrade and humiliate free-thinkers!!

Ggrrrr.................

LOL Huggs!
Lady Sharlot :-)