PDA

View Full Version : American Idol...Pushing too far?

Funbrunette
01-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Ok, I'm not one to laugh at other people (Hehehehe! That's such a lie) but seriously, I find Simon and Randy perhaps too harsh!!! Some of the things they say could shatter someones small existence. I agree if you have no talent...DON'T audition, but OUCH!!!!

Don't get me wrong I don't feel sorry for anyone, these idiots all want fame and fortune with or without talent, but the abuse they take is insane! ::-|

Well, I laughed my ass off again tonight! :rolleyes: Thanks AMERICA :salute:

I think I may try out for Canadian Idol...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! :banned:

webgurl
01-20-2004, 09:32 PM
IF you try out for Canadian Idol you got my Vote Baby ! :p

dyonisus
01-20-2004, 09:45 PM
they are rude and that poor guy at the end (sweet home alabama) he was about to cry!

Funbrunette
01-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by dyonisus
they are rude and that poor guy at the end (sweet home alabama) he was about to cry!

He did cry! ::-|

Webgurl...I can't sing for shit! that's why I said I should audition! :p

EZKash-charlie
01-20-2004, 11:29 PM
randy has gotten alot harsher since AI 1 .. but i think they did that for ratings

Seth
01-20-2004, 11:50 PM
I think in part it builds up.... we only see a few... you try sitting there all day listening to 100's of people try to sing one after the other. It HAS to really get annoying after a while.

Magnus3x
01-21-2004, 03:34 AM
I have to say though.. these people see who win..and they see who they made fun of the years previous..and the fact that they and others around them said they were good enough to audition and actually had a chance!!!

Ikes I have never heard so many tone deaf people ever. All they have to do is stick one finger in thier ear and sing and they will find out pretty fast what they truely sound like..LOL

Evil Chris
01-21-2004, 09:06 AM
These first few American Idol shows are the only ones I watch.

Once the "good" ones are competing against one another, I'm long gone and watching something else.

Joshua
01-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Yah, they're pretty damn rude and I believe the extent that they take it will just keep getting worse and worse as the show keeps going.

BUT, then again alot of these people that try out, shouldn't be. And if they listened to their mommy or who ever that said they had a good voice and a shot, they're dumb fucks and these are the ones that get blasted the most. SOOOO, in away they deserve it for being morons. :)

Joshua
01-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

Once the "good" ones are competing against one another, I'm long gone and watching something else. Couldn't of agreed more. I watch TV for comedy, not all that other bull shit. :D

Cold_ice
01-21-2004, 01:53 PM
I like the show, its funny as hell and most people sux. What I wonder is not why these stupid people even try out, what makes me say hmmm is the fact that these people go in with a few friends and the friends keep telling them they are good after all of America heard them make idoits of themselves. A true friend would not let another friend go on the show to make an ass of themselves.:confused:

taboo_gal
01-21-2004, 02:33 PM
FunBrunette, you said exactly what I said to my mother. I don't do the reality/make me a star shows, but she does. So, I was on the phone with her and heard Simon's bashing and was disgusted. I don't think people that really aren't talented should be on television showing us all how untalented they are, but they don't need to be torn to shreds. Then you have to consider that some of them may have talent, but are not very good performers, get nervous in front of large crowds of people, etc. There is an enormous amount of stress on these people to deliver and not make fools of themselves. Unless they are naturals, they'll not succeed at that. Still, no reason to make them feel like dirt.

Evil Chris
01-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah Simon takes it a bit far sometimes. For the camera and his own persona I'm sure. But truly some of them need the reality check. What sounds good in your head while you're singing with headphones on doesn't always sound good to those without the headphones. :)

Platinum Doug
01-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Okay, I get so anxious watching these shows that I often have to switch the channel and come back during the really embarrassing moments! I watched it for a while last night, but my constant switching led me elsewhere . . .

A) Yes, cruelty sells. This will be Jerry Springer before it's all over . . .
B) It goes to show just how many people are disillusioned out there. I'm all for going for your dreams, but somebody needs to be there to tell you to quit when you're soooo far behind. Might as well be Simon or Randy. Too bad it has to be on national TV. ;)

dyonisus
01-21-2004, 04:21 PM
there may be no reason to make them feel like dirt, but it seems to me, this whole reality show gang bang is about just that.. put down the losers, big ups to the winners and watch them gain instant publicity.

bigger issue is how much the people watching love to see dirt slinging and scandelous behavior. I like survivor b/c it is a game, like fear factor only longer, the rest IMHO are just pure trash!

LaurieX
01-21-2004, 04:45 PM
I watched American Idol and laughed my ass off!!

Platinum Doug
01-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by dyonisus
I like survivor b/c it is a game, like fear factor only longer, the rest IMHO are just pure trash!

I'm with ya! Survivor can get a little too dramatic for my taste, too, but I really can't get into the rest of the reality line-up. But then again, I get my fill of crazy drama reading the damn boards every day!

swoop
01-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

Once the "good" ones are competing against one another, I'm long gone and watching something else.

same here. plus need to get ready for the new all-star survivor right after the SuperBowl. now i can watch all of those episodes.

Shann
01-22-2004, 12:26 AM
Watching that show is painful, but fun! lol I like when Paula and Simon stomped off and Randy picked the girl with the gucci hat! haha

What makes some of these people think they can sing?? Are they really surprised they don't make it??? LOL Good god!

Black Dog
01-22-2004, 04:57 PM
I only ever watch the first few episodes of American Idol, for the blooper auditions. They are too funny! After that it gets pretty boring for me, probably because I don't like that kind of music.

I don't feel sorry for anybody that gets flamed by Simon. Anybody who auditions for that show should know what they're getting into.

B

emmanuelle
01-25-2004, 07:43 AM
I find Average Joe to be far more abusive.