PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Winning the World Series This Season?

Short Irish Guy
02-21-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm still going with the Red Sox. They have a great lineup and their starting pitching is the best in the AL...

Wow, some of those templates look great! :bonk:

Evil Chris
02-21-2004, 11:17 PM
The Expos! :bonk:

Short Irish Guy
02-22-2004, 05:17 AM
Too bad they weren't able to keep their star players from over the years. They'd have an amazing team these days...

leedsfan
02-22-2004, 12:58 PM
or the Yankees. again.

Short Irish Guy
02-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by leedsfan
or the Yankees. again.

I still don't think they have the pitching needed to win :)

leedsfan
02-22-2004, 08:37 PM
do you play soccer...saw the mls in your sig. used to play semi pro in the uk.....about 12 years ago....

Short Irish Guy
02-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by leedsfan
do you play soccer...saw the mls in your sig. used to play semi pro in the uk.....about 12 years ago....

Just in high school and a little intramural in college. Baseball was always my favorite sport when I was a kid and I never lived in a city long enough to get hooked up with the soccer travel teams.

SykkBoy
02-23-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm a diehard Braves fan, but I'm pretty sure they won't even make the playoffs this year...

I would actually go with the Cubbies if they can pick up a couple more quality bench guys.

Short Irish Guy
02-24-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy
I'm a diehard Braves fan, but I'm pretty sure they won't even make the playoffs this year...

I would actually go with the Cubbies if they can pick up a couple more quality bench guys.

Yeah, I'm going with the Phillies in the NL East.

Is Corey Patterson healthy this spring?

SykkBoy
02-24-2004, 06:08 PM
The Phillies are definitelygoing to be a tough team. I look for them to take the East quite easily.

I'm also sure there will be a great battle in the central between the Astros and the Cubbies (though the Astros are a bit thinner on the bench and in middle relief).

Patterson is reportedly healthy, so will be interesting to see if he can kick it off like he did last year.

Short Irish Guy
02-24-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm still rooting for the Cardinals. If they can land another quality starter they'll give the Cubs a run for the division...

Izzy
02-25-2004, 11:41 AM
The Yankees!!!!!!!!!

I have lots of money on the damn Yankees!! They better make me proud this time dammit!!! I don't know that much about the Redsox exept that my friend tells me they suck, but she is like the biggest Yankee fan ever so I can't really take her word for it lol. We shall see what happens tho. ::crosses fingers::

Short Irish Guy
02-25-2004, 12:58 PM
So you're a Yankees fan but you don't know much about them?

SykkBoy
02-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Short Irish Guy
I'm still rooting for the Cardinals. If they can land another quality starter they'll give the Cubs a run for the division...

they have a ton of offense, but really need another good starter or two and they need to pray Izzy doesn't get injured again

It also looks like Williams may not be 100% with that bum shoulder either

jscott
02-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Cubbies are way past due, they'll put out St. Louis before moving on to set the Yanks down :p

(knock knock on wood)

Short Irish Guy
02-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by jscott
Cubbies are way past due, they'll put out St. Louis before moving on to set the Yanks down :p

(knock knock on wood)

That's why they play the games! :D

Cold_ice
02-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Baseball suxs unless you watch it live; hence, I have to go with the Dodgers. The home team, Cali all the way baby!:cool:

Short Irish Guy
02-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Cold_ice
Baseball suxs unless you watch it live; hence, I have to go with the Dodgers. The home team, Cali all the way baby!:cool:

How's their pitching looking this season?