PDA

View Full Version : Boo!!

Magnus3x
10-31-2002, 12:49 PM
Happy Halloween everyone..

I watched a bit of the Exorcist last night ...all alone, thats a milestone for me.

I still have problems with The Shining and The Changeling though.

mailman
10-31-2002, 12:56 PM
Knock KnocK

whos there?

Boo.

Boo Who?

Stop crying its only me..

LOL :D

Evil Chris
10-31-2002, 12:59 PM
The Shining.... oh man that's a good flick.
Still scares the heck outta me....

Another one I like is the original Night of the Living Dead in black and white.... scary stuff!!!

LaurieX
10-31-2002, 01:35 PM
The Scariest movie to me was The Serpent and the Rainbow! That movie freaks me OUT! Happy Halloween everyone :xpumpkin:

Danny_C
10-31-2002, 01:58 PM
I hope you mean the original The Shining. I know that's the one Stephen King hates, but what the fuck does Stephen King know about scariness, right? Stanley Kubrick was what made that movie creepy... and of course Jack Nicholson.

The Exorcist was pretty creepy, too. It's strange... I've written papers on how a lot of horror movies are religious propaganda... the goal (whether conscious or not) is to make people scared of the devil, which these movies assume exists. They also assume that there's a God, even if he is besieged sometimes by the forces of evil. The best tools against evil tend to be faith, crosses, and holy water... or sometimes even the blood of Christ. And notice it's always the good Christians who survive these movies, while the sinners always die. Yet religious-based horror movies tend to creep me out... like The Exorcist. There's a creepiness to Christianity that really makes for good horror movies.

Anyway... other good horror movies (some scary, some not): Children of the Corn, Pumpkinhead, Halloween (the first one only), Suspiria, Dead Ringers...

luke
10-31-2002, 02:19 PM
Happy Halloween to you all. Hope you all have fun. I'll try to take some pictures of the freaks down in the French Quarter tonight. It should be fun.

Evil Chris
10-31-2002, 02:31 PM
Luke, is there some kind of traditional partying that happens in New Orleans over Halloween?

luke
10-31-2002, 02:34 PM
There are parties all over but I usually go down to the French Quarter and just walk around and bar hop down there. There's enough going on down there to keep you occupied all night long. There is a block party ever year on Frenchman St. by this bar Cafe Brazil. Lot of people dressed up and putting on shows, fire eaters and stuff like that.

I'm wearing my orange prison shirt and plan on picking up a bottle of something before I get down there and just nurse that all night long...lol. Don't worry, I'll be taking a bunch of pictures...unless I get too drunk. :D

Evil Chris
10-31-2002, 02:39 PM
Well just try to get a *little* bit drunk so that we can get some pics!

As for us, we'll be handing out candy to the kids and probably watching Survivor tonight! ::-|

luke
10-31-2002, 02:42 PM
Are you going to be taking pictures of that too??? :D

Evil Chris
10-31-2002, 02:43 PM
I hadn't thought of taking pictures of the kids that come to the door.
Is it really appropriate? Seems kinda weird to me....

twinkley
10-31-2002, 02:44 PM
Dont feel bad Chris,

Thats what we are doing too! I love handing out candy!

My first year out on my own I bought a TON of candy! I was so excited I got to hand out candy for the first time ALL BY MYSELF from my VERY OWN CONDO!!

Wooohooo! right?

Wrong! I had 6 kids total! hahahaha I sat there all night just WAITING for them to start knocking and.... nothing....

This year though , our neighborhood is packed with 30-40 somethings with TONS of kids, so im expecting a good turnout!!

twinkley

luke
10-31-2002, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I was just joking Chris. :p