PDA

View Full Version : The Passion of the Christ ( What the Hell)

FrankieP
03-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey I went to see the Mel Gibson movie the Passion of the Christ,

If you don't know anything about the Bible, the movie doesn't clarify anything. It was a blood bath and a lesson in history on how cruel Caucasians have been to themselves and other.

Has anyone else seen it? What do you think?

Funbrunette
03-10-2004, 04:00 PM
I've been wanting to see it, but I've been told it's pretty graphic! ::-|

emmanuelle
03-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by FrankieP

It was a blood bath and a lesson in history on how cruel Caucasians have been to themselves and other.

Residents of the middle east are not caucasian ;-)

Evil Chris
03-10-2004, 04:19 PM
So what are they then?

emmanuelle
03-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by emmanuelle
Residents of the middle east are not caucasian ;-)

Correction: I made this comment thinking of the modern usage of the term caucasian and not the anthropological use. While Jesus came from an area of the world that is generally brown skinned, in the geographical and anthropological sense, he was indeed caucasian.

FrankieP
03-10-2004, 05:23 PM
That was an excellent point!

Seeing that historical biblical stories came from an area of the world where people are brown, dark brown or even black why are all the people and the depiction of people in the biblical, movies and stories all white.

Could this be one of the reasons Jesus was killed. A white man claming to be the son of god to an all brown country. Deep!

Could this be one of the reasons Hitler wanted to kill the Jews, due to the depicted fact that they had Jesus killed, teh saviour of the world. Deep!

nanda
03-17-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey I went to see the Mel Gibson movie the Passion of the Christ,

If you don't know anything about the Bible, the movie doesn't clarify anything. It was a blood bath and a lesson in history on how cruel Caucasians have been to themselves and other.

Has anyone else seen it? What do you think?

I just saw the movie this weekend, and it was exactly how I read it in the bible...well as far as I can remember!! I think it was a great movie!:(

Funbrunette
03-17-2004, 09:34 PM
I don't think I've got the stomach to see it...::-| I've heard it's VERY hard and sad...:(

sexykitten
03-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Seeing as how I was raised roman catholic, was sent to a catholic school and even attended weekly mass every sunday, I kind of feel obligated to go. Even though I do not consider myself catholic or even religious, I do consider myself a spiritual person and I'd love to see it, if only to re-view my roots. Does that make sense?

monaro
03-18-2004, 09:37 AM
I gather that it is today's version of that firm long ago "King of Kings"

Today's interest with Christ has not changed.
We are becoming amuned to the blood in films today.

As for the story line, I havn't seen it and don't intend to go see it.

sweet7
03-18-2004, 11:40 AM
That was an excellent point!

Seeing that historical biblical stories came from an area of the world where people are brown, dark brown or even black why are all the people and the depiction of people in the biblical, movies and stories all white.

Could this be one of the reasons Jesus was killed. A white man claming to be the son of god to an all brown country. Deep!

Could this be one of the reasons Hitler wanted to kill the Jews, due to the depicted fact that they had Jesus killed, teh saviour of the world. Deep!

I think your ideas are interesting especially the Hitler one. Although
I may be severely wrong here but I don't think think that colour is the main issue at hand.

On another note I really liked this movie. If you take it for what it is, which is someone's interpretation of the story of the last 12 hours of Christ then I think you'll appreciate the movie.

FrankieP
03-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Maybe one of us is the second coming of the Christ? The saviour of the world at hand.

lol I know it couldn't be me made to many bad choices already. But there is still hope out there for many of you.

The discussion has been a great one I was hope to spark some real deep thought provoking ideas from you all.

Maybe there is still hope!

Vitor
03-19-2004, 11:32 AM
I didn't see that movie yet. But I believe it shows the last days of Jesus.

creamycherries
03-19-2004, 12:26 PM
I have only read parts of the bible and this movie made me cry 2 times,and I never ever ever cry in movies.

sweet7
03-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Vitor
I didn't see that movie yet. But I believe it shows the last days of Jesus.

the last 12 hours, they flash back briefly into the past but not 6 days