PDA

View Full Version : Are you bothered by this whole HUNGRYMAN Drama?

Funbrunette
03-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Should it be stopped? I'm still not getting involved I just want to keep everyone at Xnations happy! :D

Rochard
03-13-2004, 06:58 PM
What drama? ( I don't pay attention to drama on any board! )

Industry message boards are for meeting other people in the industry, seeing new things, reading news that may affect my business, etc.

It's not for fucking kids who want to start shit, and it's isn't the proper place to rip into people.

It's simple - rip into someone in a message board, and there's a good chance I won't do business with you. It's just bad taste.

bhutocracy
03-13-2004, 07:01 PM
yeah someone rips off several people, it's brought to the attention of the people here and confined to one thread that no body is making you click and read.

It's a VERY sad day indeed when you have to post a thread to see whether or not people care that their fellow webmasters have been scammed and a thread has been made about it.
If it's boring don't read it. It's not lame GFY style fake drama. Actual people have actually been scammed.
I certainly don't want to be involved in this, but paul involved me by stealing from me.. that it's coming to this is actually quite sad, i've tried contacting him on ICQ for a non-money resolution and he hasn't even replied to me.
I don't even WANT to be posting here, I'm just amazed by your attitude, and hope it isn't indicative of the board "we attack the victims" nice one.

btw nice way to stack a poll with loaded questions.

Izzy
03-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Umm I am not sure what the drama is all about, never even knew there was any drama. I'm not to bright huh? lol I guess I need to pay more attention. I'm not to sure on what to say, since I don't know much about the drama I really don't even have much of an opinion, but.... if it starts to really bug you FB you should just take care of it yourself and not worry if it upsets anybody on the board. It was nice of you to ask for our opinions just to make sure the board is happy, that's what makes you a great moderator, but really if it gets bad you shouldn't worry about us and do what you need to do. Hope everything gets resolved soon.

-Izzy

StuartD
03-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, it's mostly GFY drama, but everyone knows that Hungryman stays away from there now, so the only alternative is to take the drama to him... and this is one the places he still posts.

It's unfortunate... and if I was Hungryman, I'd want it taken away from here too... however, since I have no idea who is right, who is wrong, the full details or anything... I can say that if I was teen angel or others and felt I had been scammed or wronged, I'd appreciate being able to air the situation on a public forum. That's not to say they were, but they obviously feel they were.

As sad as it is... in many cases in the adult biz, forums become the judge and juries on these things. 2 sides present their cases and the rest of us decide what to think.

Yes, it's drama and some don't like it... but it's also business. If someone cheated, we as industry business people need to know, and likewise, if someone is lying or a situation is in error, we also need to know.

and honestly, as far as drama goes, I must say this is probably very resonable compared to how it sometimes is. I see very little name calling, very little outrage and anger being portaid... people are presenting their arguments and doing so very well, compared to how this could be going.

That's just my opinion.

Funbrunette
03-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by bhutocracy

I don't even WANT to be posting here, I'm just amazed by your attitude, and hope it isn't indicative of the board "we attack the victims" nice one.

btw nice way to stack a poll with loaded questions.

And yet you're posting here and slamming MY board http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/angry/nono.gif I hope it isn't indicative of how you introduce yourself! ;)

pxxx
03-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Never heard of any drama. Like many have stated in previous posts, i need to pay more attention.

bhutocracy
03-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
And yet you're posting here and slamming MY board http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/angry/nono.gif I hope it isn't indicative of how you introduce yourself! ;)

I'm not slamming your board, I'm highlighting how your attitude comes across.. most people in this thread haven't even taken any notice of the drama, yet you're making more of it by posting another thread about it.
The fact is you are calling this "drama" when the plain fact is Paul stole money of several designers.. this isn't drama.. this is just plain factually what happened. What's the point of having a board if you can't share info that could help others from being scammed? Is it all supposed to be non industry related or what? Who you do business with here is vitally important.. it's not something that should be taken lightly.
Although I do understand the propensity to close ranks around a prominent member of the board and can't really blame you for it.

Yes.. I DON'T want to be here.. *I* didn't start this and frankly it's a waste of my time - this board has email reminders to threads you've participated in so i've come back and been shocked by your casual attitude to thievery of this nature. The only person that can end this is Paul.. I'm not part of that OTHER issue he's got with duane and that.. Me and Paul spoke regularly and got on well.. I considered him a friend until he didn't pay me for any of the work i did. The thing is I wouldn't even be here now posting if Paul had the integrity and was man enough to talk to me privately.. but he won't answer my icq's. He can do it in 5 seconds by talking to me in private which he won't do. I think it's the LEAST that can be done for the amount of money he's stolen from me..
I still feel like I'm being taken advantage of by having had enough of this and just wanting to let it go.. so he essentially gets away with it.. but only after he talks to me in private.

I'll introduce myself however I deem fit, I don't expect to come off smelling like roses with 4 posts on someone's board accusing someone else.. and frankly I don't care - many people know the truth. I'm not doing this for my health or for fun, anyone that knows me would know that. And if a few people can't handle me talking about how I was scammed then they're not the sort of people I really mind making whatever sort of judgement about me they they feel like - like im really going to do business with someone that doesn't care about thievery. My main problem here is that it's embarrassing to admit I got conned out of money.. now that thats out, I wish there was some way to convince you of my total apathy as to anything else someone could surmise.

Funbrunette
03-13-2004, 10:49 PM
I'll introduce myself however I deem fit, .

Then I can run my board how I deem fit yeah?!? :D

Feynman
03-14-2004, 02:13 PM
My main problem here is that it's embarrassing to admit I got conned out of money..

I wonder what's as embarassing... This or the fact that you did not disclosed about the details of the dealings you had with Paul.

A sub-contracting designer undercutting his client-broker is a pretty untrustworthy individual if it is not done with full disclosure.

Sweet Funb can damn run the board as she pleases. She's God on it. The public be damned. If she wants to ban me for saying something that she didn't like, I'll defend her right to do so !

The only thing that counts for her is HER bottom line, her sales, her profits. If she were to do anyway otherwise, she'd be sacrificing to others, i.e. exchanging a plus value for a negative value. That's an immoral act to commit on oneself.

This jihad is turning this forum more and more like GFY...

I'll retreat to another board for the time being...

Ciao

bhutocracy
03-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Feynman
I wonder what's as embarassing... This or the fact that you did not disclosed about the details of the dealings you had with Paul.

A sub-contracting designer undercutting his client-broker is a pretty untrustworthy individual if it is not done with full disclosure.

hehe.. I will forgive you for believeing that as you are/were his roommate, and Paul is in serious denial, Techiemedia came to ME after they couldn't contact paul, I did a fix up for FREE and refused an offer of payment for the very small amount of work involved. LOL for undercutting to have occuerred i need to have actually have done paid work mate.. and it didn't happen.. Just think about this. Techiemedia was done.. the job was finished bar one little fixup.. what could i possibly have gleaned from going to the client? the job was done! no more money.. no more work.. how can i undercut a job that has already taken place and been delivered lol.. I hope you see the logic here and why Paul's desperate assertion carries little weight. I think Paul thought this one up because i knew the details of how much Jim got paid for the job.. and his mind being of the duplicitous sort imbued my actions with those of his - ie thinking I went to the client asking about the money owed, etc etc etc. When the fact is he came to me for a fix up. He found out who i was through Tam.. which surprised me, I didn't really think she knew about me anyways.. thats how I found out how much Paul screwed me for lol. I can understand Paul feeling hurt by having his thievery exposed to me and is blaming the victim.. and i understand that you're close to him so, you know... you'll believe him as par for the course.. ask Paul though.. ask him whether you should contact Jim on icq and ask him what happened.. theres only 3 people that know for sure.. me, jim and paul. Paul is the only one out of step with the truth.. and think about it.. Paul is the only one to benefit from lying about it. I really don't want to give this another thought, the sooner this dies down the better as far as I'm concerned.
Give Jim a buzz though and find out forself what happened.. I do understand why paul thinks what he does, and i do understand why he's trying to spin it to take the heat off himself.. But ultimately I have the last laugh because im right and not making stuff up to dig myself out of a hole i created :)

I honestly hope Paul is over his old ways (there have been no new issues with him from people) and is on the straight and narrow and that you don't have to find out as I did what his friendship meant.

Izzy
03-15-2004, 02:57 AM
OK wtf is this shit??? 1st off, shouldn't the problem with hungryman, cdsmith, chowdadog, and bhutocracy be handled thru email or something like it and not on a message board. I don't know maybe message boards were made for this kinda behavior but it's fuckin pathetic and should be handled somewhere else like adults. This is a place for ppl to shoot the shit and laugh together, not to go back and forth bitchin at eachother. Just please do yourselves and the board a favor and stop embarrassing yourselves, get a clue and take the stupid kid shit somewhere else!!!