PDA

View Full Version : What was the best decade for cars?

Jss
03-24-2004, 09:15 AM
The forties, fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties, or now. And what was the worst.

My opinion....fifties and sixties the best for styling, nineties for performance, and the worst......for everything....the seventies. Yuch.

fuzebox
03-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Definately the early-mid nineties... The great japanese sports cars (supra, rx-7, 300zx, mr2, eclipse, 3000gt, etc) all came out, Porsche released the 964 and 993, BMW the E36, even Ferrari the 355... Best for both performance and styling. Nowadays cars look like spaceships and are coming out with pussier engines :(

sweet7
03-24-2004, 12:00 PM
I think each decade has had it's charms, innovations and drawbacks. Some more than others the point is to find the best of each decade.

The most recent has been the best because of the technological innovations and the way that car manufacturers have started producing cars for enthusiasts again.

Decades like the 60's & 70's were the best because cars were more bare bones. There's more of an undescribable feeling when driving an older car that just doesn't exist in the comfortable cars of the present.

When companies like Lamborghini build a car with German engineering the quality is still there but there is a definite loss of spirit that goes away with the stability of that engineering.

Jss
03-24-2004, 12:03 PM
Modern technology blows away anything from the sixties in comfort and speed. However, I drive a 1967 XKE and I gotta say it is way more fun. And way too sexy.

sweet7
03-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Jss
Modern technology blows away anything from the sixties in comfort and speed. However, I drive a 1967 XKE and I gotta say it is way more fun. And way too sexy.

Comfort is important but it doesn't necessarily make for a good or fun car. Nothing beats a classic car. I like classic euro, american classics come second. :)

asuna
03-24-2004, 02:51 PM
it's all about personal choice, i like older cars, 30's-70's

Evil Chris
03-24-2004, 03:12 PM
I'd take style over performance in a nice car anytime.
That being said, I'd have to show preference to the mid 50s to the mid 60s for auto production. Too many models to even mention.

Do yourself a favor and rent the movie American Graffiti and check out all the amazing cars. :xthumbs:

GoodChris
03-24-2004, 03:19 PM
I like the cars of today best.