PDA

View Full Version : Xnations Peeps have to read this.

Dwreck
03-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Its about that time.Mini Lesson number 2 with Derek……….

Are you sick of being hassled in emails and icq from sales people pushing their product or services on you? For the past 3 years I have been the Head of Sales of some of the most exciting new content providers out there and it drives me nuts when people push their products on me that have no validity or use for me. They gather my icq number from a message boards and think since you’re a webmaster you have a desire for their product or service. This is not the case.

What motivated me to write this is that a newbie friend of mine asked for the icq number of the owner of a message board and proceeded to aggressively promote her service before he even got a chance to open his mouth. He called me up and bitched at me and I felt like a dumb ass.

So here goes QAULIFY QUALIFY QUALIFY

What does that mean you ask? Defined as
verb

1. transitive and intransitive verb be or make somebody suitable: to have or give somebody a skill or attribute necessary for a particular activity
2. transitive and intransitive verb have or give somebody eligibility: to become legally eligible or make somebody legally eligible for a position or privilege
Did your exam results qualify you for the job?

3. intransitive verb win first round of competition: to complete the preliminary part of a competition successfully and earn the right to go on to the next stage
4. transitive verb restrict or change: to modify or limit something in meaning, scope, or strength
5. transitive verb moderate: to make something less strong or extreme
6. transitive verb describe as something: to attribute a particular quality or characteristic to something
7. transitive verb GRAMMAR modify or restrict meaning: to modify or restrict the meaning of a word
[Mid-16th century. Via French qualifier from medieval Latin qualificare “to attribute a quality to,” from Latin qualis (see quality).]

qual•i•fi•a•ble adjective

qual•i•fi•ca•to•ry [ kwólləfikə tàwree ] adjective

Now that we know what it means let’s go into more detail?

Step 1- . DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Find out as much as you can about the person you are pitching too. This cant be stressed enough.

Step 2- Determine you customer needs, wants and desires. Ask question in a non treating matter. And that way your not wasting your time and the persons time. Show some genuine interest.

Step 3- Ask around if this person is the one you want to talk to sometimes the person is just the accountant and has no say in what goes on.

Step 4- Tailor your presentation to that customer needs. This should be very simple because a) you did your homework b) you know what the client wants.

SO there yah have it..How to effectively qualify customers. Each person has different goals and desires and it’s up to you to convince them how your product/ service will benefit them. It’s not about you at this point its all about them. Remember you’re not costing the person money you’re trying to make the person money.

This goes into my next segment on how to effectively handle rejections. Ok I don’t want to give too much away or I will be looking for another job. Hehe

I hope this helped.

Funbrunette
03-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks Babe! :D

Dwreck
03-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks Funbrunette

:blush:

Evil Chris
03-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Derek,
Well done... that was a very cool post.
I feel your frustrations too.

nanda
03-24-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Derek,
Well done... that was a very cool post.
I feel your frustrations too.

Agree!;)

Shann
03-24-2004, 11:55 PM
DEREK you are giving away secrets! I am gonna beat you down when i see you! lol

Dimitar
03-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Nice tips Derek

Dwreck
03-26-2004, 09:48 AM
CHris thank you very much I just got hit again last night. Second reply after HI on icq. WTF?

Shan I luvvvvvvvvvv you.:blush:

Dimitar Thanks please fell free to add your own.